The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Eagle Nest)
View Hotel
Gold Pan Motel(Eagle Nest)
  • Free Internet
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
El Monte Sagrado(Taos)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsski triprental placerental shopthere is no air conditioningmountain townmardi grasresort staffhot tubsliding doorlegends grillski lessonsupgraded roomroom was largefitness centernew mexicomini fridgechildren's ski school
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went skiing for 3 days and enjoyed everyday day. Everyone was cheerful, and the food and the room was great. The pool and jacuzzi were a welcome end to each day. We parked the car on day one and never used it for 4 days. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kerry k k
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear kerry k k,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Your patronage is much appreciated and I am happy to hear that you will be returning.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Have you ever wanted to take a ski trip, but thought to yourself, "I don't want to relax on this trip. I want to feel like the elevator is right in my room so I can hear people coming and going, especially the kiddie squeals." If so, then definitely stay here.

We have been here several times and knew not to expect anything fancy. But it never occurred to me to ask if there was a door that led directly from my bedroom to the elevator waiting area. You could hear the dinging, even from other floors. That is just a deal breaker. I wouldn't stay in that room again for free. And since they won't guarantee a room, if you stay in a family suite, you might get it. The worst part is, I don't ski, so I planned to stay in the room, read and relax. Yeah, right.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank blissful_in_Tx_10
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear blissful_in_Tx_10,

At Angel Fire Resort, we strive to provide a positive guest experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is important to us. Because of guest feedback, so many things have changed since January 2013, including discussing specific rooms with guests.

Happy and Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Luckily we got a good price for a last minute night away or I would have been really disappointed. The rooms, in the un-remodeled section, were dark and even my teenager commented on how dirty the carpets looked. The fireplace was seriously electric with fake fire noise and red light and we just took it as quirky fun. The rooms were big and cleanish (note the carpet stains). I was somewhat expecting the state of the hotel based on the reviews I had read.
My only complaint is that when booking I asked for adjoining rooms and was told they shared an outside entrance door so we could leave the room doors open. This is not true. The did share an entrance door, BUT YOU CAN'T LOCK IT! It is just a door to the hallway that anyone could walk in. Beware of this if you plan to have two rooms so your kids can have their own space. You will not be able to have the doors open to hear them because then you are totally open to someone coming in.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the remodeled section! Don't believe rooms are adjoining as the hallway access door cannot be locked.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ZamLat
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear ZamLat:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate constructive feedback, which helps us achieve our goals.

I do hope that you come back and visit us again, soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I purchased a Groupon to stay at the Angel Fire Resort Lodge for 4 night. I stayed this past week Oct. 6-10th. It is an old lodge. I would not want to pay full price. It was not busy at all. Overall the experience was excellent for the off-season. The staff was very friendly and attended to our needs very efficiently. The rooms were not lighted very well, but that did not really bother us. The room we had was very roomy.The beds were comfortable. I have been to Angel Fire many times so I knew what to expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonnaS1957
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear DonnaS1957,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time and I appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear that your overall experience was excellent.

Thank you for being a returning guest and we look forward to your next visit to our resort!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Angel Fire Resort is a wonderful year around destination. The suites are roomy and completely furnished. you can eat in, or go out to eat in the local restaurants. Our suite had a covered balcony. There was elevator access if needed. There was indoor swimming, two wonderful eating options with friendly efficient - at resort prices, though. Check in and out was smooth and easy. The only caution would to NOT follow your GPS through the shortest route, which will send you down the most direct route through a 9 mile curvy, bumpy gravelly treacherous mountainous road that would be a recipe for disaster in the winter or right after a rain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. It is great to see that you visited us during the summer season and that you were able to travel the roads that you were guided to take.

I do hope that you return in the Winter.

Take care and Happy Travels,