“Great BBQ at a great price!!! Highly recommend!!”

Hail's Holy Smoked BBQ & More
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Angel Fire
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took our 2 girls with us there tonight and absolutely loved it!! Wish we would've come here 3 nights ago. We would've eaten here more. I didn't wanna leave the resort after a day of skiing but it was well worth it. It's a little tricky to find but it's in the little strip mall where the quick shop is north of the grocery store.

John and Wendy (the owners) definitely make this place a home cooked meal atmosphere. I had the 3 meat platter and was stuffed. The ribs were so tender that the meat just fell off the bone literally!! Between me and the wife we basically had all the meats and had a hard time deciding which was best. They were all great! Cheap kids meals too!

Gotta try the adjoining ice cream shop too. My wife had the awesome blackberry cobbler from Hail's BBQ and took it next door and they put a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on it for her. Kids loved the ice cream after dinner too.

We plan to eat here again when we're here and will tell all our friends. Loved the owners!

TravlerNM, Owner at Hail's Holy Smoked BBQ & More, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We are so glad that you ventured off of the mountain long enough to find us! We are a little out of the way, but most say well worth the find. (right next to mini-mart)
We do give large portions, because we believe that your vacation in a resort cost enough as it is, and you should get what you pay for.
The kids meal were added shortly after we opened our doors- we have to have a kids meal that isn't going to break the bank. Having 7 children and 14 grandchildren it is important to John and Wendy to have affordable kids meals.
We can't wait to visit with you on your next trip to Angel Fire!

There are newer reviews for Hail's Holy Smoked BBQ & More

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Awesome food and customer service. Very clean. You must visit when you come to Angel Fire. Made this Texas girl feel right at home. Great barbecue.

Thank you for the great review!
We are glad that our food is up to your Texas standards!
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is some of the best barbeque I've ever had, and I have eaten a lot of barbeque. The ribs are my personal favorite, but everything I have ordered there was good. I second BostonCarlisle there, give the blackberry cobbler a try, it is fantastic. The owners John and Wendy are friendly and definately all about service. The restaurant is clean and well run and is adjoined to an ice cream shop for that little extra. You will want to eat here if you are in Angel Fire.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!
We are glad that you had a good experience with us!
Come back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The food is just incredibly tasty. The owners have a heart for serving the community. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for taking the time to review Holy Smoked, we appreciate every review!
We strive to treat every customer as a friend we have not seen in a while. We love people and love to serve.
We take pride in the fact that everything we serve is homemade.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being from the east coast, I've never been able to truly appreciate how people barbeque out west...UNTIL NOW! I sampled several items off the menu (mostly by stealing food from my wife's plate) and there wasn't a single bite I didn't love. The blackberry cobbler I had for dessert honestly reminded me of the homemade treat I could only get at a family reunion (not like that frozen slab that comes in a box). I also didn't hesitate when one of the owners, John Hail, asked if I'd like to take one of their frozen mugs to the adjoining ice cream parlor so that I could have a root beer float. From the minute you walk through the door, to the time you leave, the Hail's treat you like family. I can't wait to visit them again!

TravlerNM, Owner at Hail's Holy Smoked BBQ & More, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review!
We try very hard to make everyone who walks through the door feel welcome.
We pride ourselves on the quality of food that we serve and the service that we give.
So glad that you felt welcomed and enjoyed your dining experience with us.
We hope you come back soon!
So sad to tell you that the ice cream shop is now permanently closed.