“No longer in business”

El Dorado Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 434
Description: We have the best Mesquite Grilled Steaks in Angel Fire! You'll feel at home while savoring a great meal in our casual and relaxed dining room. In the summer you can enjoy the gorgeous sunsets on our patio! Come experience our Mesquite Grilled flavors, attentive service and our friendly, rustic atmosphere!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bad location...food shortages on menu, irregular hours. Was good once upon a time, but closed now and no longer in business.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went with friends(2) that go often, know the owner and spoke well of it . The place was not to busy, it was around 8:15 pm. Since I forgot the reading glasses I ordered 1/2 order of nachos w/steak. My husband ordered the NY strip with potatoe. After 45 minutes to an hour my meal arrived, a little wait and my husbands, then our frirends. My nachos appeared to have had the cheese melted and then sat aside, then the steak added, I could not remove a chip it was glued togethed. My husband ordered his steak medium rare. The steak was close to done(no wonder, it was very thin), most places use this for sandwiches. He sent it back and again we waited, everyone was finished when his was brought back. We decided on a carryout. I removed the steak from mine with my hands to add to the box, my fingers were covered in grease. This place recieves fairly good reviews, maybe because there is not much choice. We did warm-up my husbands steak for lunch the next day, so all was not lost. Even if this was more reasonably priced we will not return.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We come to Angel Fire at least twice a year and always have at least one meal here. They have never disappointed us. Excellent menu items and their specials have been delightful. The Chicken Fried Steak was the best I've ever had.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

A real nice place in a off the road shopping mall. Family owned and ran, the service was very good and food excellent. My steak was cooked perfectly rare! Prices run on par with a high end steak place which this place shoots for but slightly misses. They were out of a few items which was a little frustrating but overall a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Pros: decent atmosphere. Very southwestern and pretty fun. You can throw peanut shells on the floor which was great for my kids.

The iced tea was fantastic, which is a must at a Texas-style steakhouse.

Our server was friendly.

I had a party of 8 and it was easy to get into.

CONS: The biggest one is that my steak was WAY overcooked. I ordered it medium and it was basically well done. Way too tough. Others at my table also ordered medium and a couple were correct. One ended up coming out medium rare. Very inconsistent grilling. The flavor was good, but it was overshadowed by the poor doneness. The server never asked us to cut into them to look or anything. I would have expected this at a place as expensive as this. But that did not happen.

As I said, the server was friendly, but she wasn't attentive enough. The meal was unnecessarily slow considering we were the only ones in the restaurant for most of the time.

If they bring their prices down, they might have a decent place. But as it is, I probably won't go back anytime soon.

Stick with the Roasted Clove. For a comparable price, it's in a completely different category as the El Dorado.