“Come here every time”

El Dorado Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 434
Description: We have the best Mesquite Grilled Steaks in Angel Fire! You'll feel at home while savoring a great meal in our casual and relaxed dining room. In the summer you can enjoy the gorgeous sunsets on our patio! Come experience our Mesquite Grilled flavors, attentive service and our friendly, rustic atmosphere!
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We come to Angel Fire at least twice a year and always have at least one meal here. They have never disappointed us. Excellent menu items and their specials have been delightful. The Chicken Fried Steak was the best I've ever had.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

A real nice place in a off the road shopping mall. Family owned and ran, the service was very good and food excellent. My steak was cooked perfectly rare! Prices run on par with a high end steak place which this place shoots for but slightly misses. They were out of a few items which was a little frustrating but overall a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Pros: decent atmosphere. Very southwestern and pretty fun. You can throw peanut shells on the floor which was great for my kids.

The iced tea was fantastic, which is a must at a Texas-style steakhouse.

Our server was friendly.

I had a party of 8 and it was easy to get into.

CONS: The biggest one is that my steak was WAY overcooked. I ordered it medium and it was basically well done. Way too tough. Others at my table also ordered medium and a couple were correct. One ended up coming out medium rare. Very inconsistent grilling. The flavor was good, but it was overshadowed by the poor doneness. The server never asked us to cut into them to look or anything. I would have expected this at a place as expensive as this. But that did not happen.

As I said, the server was friendly, but she wasn't attentive enough. The meal was unnecessarily slow considering we were the only ones in the restaurant for most of the time.

If they bring their prices down, they might have a decent place. But as it is, I probably won't go back anytime soon.

Stick with the Roasted Clove. For a comparable price, it's in a completely different category as the El Dorado.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Dined here on Friday after July 4th. Tried to call and make suggested reservations but no one returned my call so we took a chance and just showed up. No problem to have no reservation. My bottled beer was warm- had to put in my ice water to chill it, the house salad was just some iceberg salad with one cherry tomato, and they don't serve any type of bread. My husband's steak was just average with some gristle but cooked just as ordered. My grilled salmon was an unusual color but the seasoning was excellent. Would probably not go back.

2  Thank KathrynG
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food was good, service was good, the only time I have eaten at a high end steak house and they didn't serve any kind of bread. I asked for some bread and was told they didn't serve bread or roll or any type of bread. Paid $34.00 for a steak got salad and potato.