“Perfect Mountain Getaway for Families”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the deck, living room and most bedrooms
Winter wonderland... Alternate between taking in the view, sipping coffee, and reading your book...ahh!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Winter wonderland...
Large living room for games, relaxing and making memories
Dinning for up to 10
Big kitchen for all sorts of fun (once the kids set up a bowling alley with cereal boxes & oranges).
Wake up with a view of the mountains and lake
Full bed, twin bed & upper bunk with view of lake
Queen downstairs with view of lake
Queen downstairs with view of lake
Little upstairs bunkroom
Looking from the lake at the back of the house
Hot air balloon skimming Monte Verde Lake
A proud boy and his 'FOD' - fish of the day
A herd of elk off the back deck during Thanksgiving
A wonderful thank you note from guest.
A proud girl and her dad showing off their catch of the morning (gotta look closely in her net).
The ski mountain
Sunset
Nice flat driveway
Spring time!
Summer evening at the lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lauren R
Austin, Texas, United States
“Perfect Mountain Getaway for Families”
Reviewed December 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a wonderful time as a group of two families with kids in this lovely home! Everything was clean and charming - so nostalgic to watch some of our favorite movies on VHS from the extensive on site collection and share them with our children! We loved the proximity of hiking and fishing and we saw wonderful wildlife right in the neighborhood. The owners were very responsive with any questions we had! I highly recommend this location and we would love to come back soon!

Your age range 35-49
Dec 13, 2017
You we're wonderful to work with! Thank you for the kind comments and taking the time to let others know about your time at Lake Haven.
Melinda S
“Beautiful and relaxing.”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Large kitchen and beautiful view. The weather was warm and the valley was green and the daisies that surround the home were in full bloom.

Jul 11, 2017
Melinda,
Thank you for being so easy to work with! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Lake Haven.
Hope to host you again,
Michele
katemschn...
Amarillo, Texas
“Fantastic Cabin!”
Reviewed August 27, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I stayed in this cabin for four nights with my husband and two young daughters. We had a fantastic time. The cabin is beautiful- just as described. It has everything you need. So well stocked with games, books, videos etc. There is a ping pong table in the garage my kids just loved, and a canoe that you can use to fish on the lake. I would love to stay here again!!!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you! You were wonderful to work with and we're so to share Lake Haven with your family.
Keytie C
Dallas, Texas
“Spacious, Cozy, Convenient & Clean with an A+ Homeowner!”
Reviewed February 25, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This was an absolutely wonderful setting for our family Christmas vacation. The kitchen, dining room and living areas proved extremely spacious for our group of 11. Lots of room for preparing meals, sitting down together for dinner, opening gifts and enjoying family games/chats. Firewood was included which was a huge plus for our firebug family. Four of the bedrooms were quite large with plenty of space for luggage. We used the small 5th bedroom for a middle school aged child on the top bunk… the bottom bunk had very limited headspace but could be useful for a very small child. Before arrival, I was a bit worried about having only 2 bathrooms, but it worked out just fine. And lots of towels were provided. The heated garage was a bonus. The kids spent downtime playing ping pong and hanging out down there. It also provided a lot of space for us to stash not only our skis and gear but also a lot of stuff we travelled with. The cabin is only a few minutes from the slopes and the flat driveway made it easy to get in and out of even with lots of snow. I would definitely recommend this cabin and would love to have the opportunity to stay here again. Cozy, convenient & clean! The homeowner, Michele, was a great pleasure to work with. It felt like I was dealing with a friend. You can tell she just wants her guests to enjoy their time at Lake Haven as much as she does. We certainly did!

Liked best: Spacious and Convenient to Slopes
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 7, 2016
We loved having you all. Thank you for the review, it's really helpful for future guest. Please come back in the summer, it's my favorite time to be there!
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed June 3, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Liked best: everything
Liked least: leaving
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 5, 2015
You have had that trip planned for so long, I'm really glad it was all you hoped for! We loved having you and thank you. Now for that darn satellite system…guest are heading there today, I will ask them to let me know the status. I hate (but love) that you and the last guest had troubles with it, but found so much else to do that you didn't even call me to let me know. For years when our kids were younger, they didn't know we had satellite. Then I forgot to call DISH and have it turned off while we were there. Argh, their all day outside exploring was interrupted by a need for Sponge Bob :-(
cowboys05
“Beautiful comfortable”
Reviewed May 25, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My family and I had such a great time there. Everyone had space but we were all together. We laughed so hard at the sunshine and then it snowed the deer and elk came right up to the house.LOVED IT. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
May 25, 2015
I wish I could take credit for the sunshine, snowfall & elk! Angel Fire is very cool like that. The one thing that I do take pride in is a team that helps make Lake Haven a great place to be. Not perfect...but genuine. Looking forward to having you again.
Tim K
Austin
“What a Gem”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Spend the last two weeks in Angel Fire and must say that I (we) never wanted to leave. The house is perfect for a large family, and is in the best location in Angel Fire. So many things to do.

Lake is just a quick walk down the hill and has plenty of will fish. The community is very friendly.

The only thing that was a bit strange was the fee you have to pay to go fish the lake, $25 a person per day.

Hope to get a chance to stay at this house again SOON.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Location location location
Liked least: When it rain, water would pool around the house making it feel very damp on this inside at times.
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 23, 2014
It was a pleasure working with your family! Angel Fire is a wonderful town and we love the location and space we have at Lake Haven! The cost to fish was a bit strange to me at first too, but then I learned you don't have to buy a required state fishing license and they stock the lake several times during the summer. That's why the fishing is pretty darn good! The kids & seniors cost is lower. I recommend in my description to check with the Monte Verde lake to see what the current prices are. Cheers!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing