The Retreat at Angel Fire
$135
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
$100
El Monte Sagrado(Taos)
$189
$149
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$102
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
$140
$120
Hotels.com
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
$129
$129
$67
Hotels.com
$75
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Last month my husband and I along with another couple made plans to attend a church encampment in Red River, NM. We decided to go a few days early to enjoy the New Mexico climate and scenery. My husband found the Retreat on Trip Advisor and rented two one bedroom cabins. We were delighted to find roomy, clean, well-equipped cabins, close to everything in Angel Fire, but still with a secluded, woodsy feeling. A hiking trail was easily accessible from the property and others were an easy drive away. This was a great place to get away, enjoy the cool summer climate, view wild life, and just relax. We would love to return next summer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ginny L
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Took the family to The Retreat at Angel Fire for a July weekend getaway and we had a relaxing great time! The cabin we stayed in, a two-bedroom, was very clean and well-appointed. Everything was provided, linens, kitchenware, etc. All we had to provide was our food.
The weekend we stayed was very quiet and it was a pleasure to sit on the spacious front porch and take in the surrounding beauty.
The owner/operators were very friendly and helpful and check-in was easy.
I have only one complaint which may preclude me from staying there in the winter; the 'fireplace' is actually just an electric heater. A true wood burning fireplace in my opinion would greatly compliment an already great setting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Armymed
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Rented one of the 1 bedroom cabins, Elk 1 - very quiet, very clean, visited with the staff when we checked in, they took us to the cabin making sure we were comfortable and had all we needed.
There was only a couple of things that would have made the cabin a perfect place, the living room furniture was very uncomfortable, and wished the fireplace added warmth, it was an electric on and no heat at all, but over all really enjoyed the stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nanax6604
Reviewed September 18, 2012

my wife and I recently celebrated our 30th annivesary and decided to head for the mountains to escape the brutal summer heat
found The Retreat via internet as you did if reading this review
cabin and on site staff was everything we expected plus some
unfortunately we had a family medical emergency with young child that forced us to shorten our stay by 1 day and return home to be available at hospital
I notified staff 24 hours in advance of our departure and was told that we would receive voucher for 1 night credit
It has been 60 days and still nothing yet
be certain of your arrival and departure dates

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jwhitter
RetreatAngelFire, Front Office Manager at The Retreat at Angel Fire, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are grateful you chose to spend your 30th anniversary with us, and we love to hear that your stay was everything you expected. We regret that you were disappointed with our service after you left. We strive to accommodate our guests in every situation, and particularly when it relates to a family emergency. Unfortunately, we can find no record of this particular situation based on the limited information we have. We ask that our guests contact us any time they have a problem, so we can timely correct it. Please contact us directly (877-777-4740), so we can make it right. We sincerely apologize for our oversight and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Clarissa Jennings
Front Office Manager, The Retreat at Angel Fire

Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a fabulous experience!! Easy reservations and deposit made via email and over the phone. The website accurately depicts what the cabins look like and they are wonderful!! The property owners greeted us very warmly and walked us over to the cabin so we knew what all was available and where everything was. Beautiful modern cabins!! We were briefed on animals in the area and had the priviledge of seeing several deer, a bear, ground squirrels or chipmunks (not sure which) and a variety of pretty birds. The cabin is fully equipped- we made breakfast and dinner in house the entire weekend and had everything we needed. Overall this property is such a nice stay and value- no extra nickle and diming. I almost wanted to rate it poorly so that it wouldnt stay booked and I always had a opening when I went up!! HA HA but no way I could do that! I would recommend this to anyone be it a couples getaway or a family outing!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple