“Beautiful cabin in the mountains!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Retreat at Angel Fire

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Angel Fire
The Retreat at Angel Fire
Harrison, Arkansas
“Beautiful cabin in the mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We enjoyed our recent week at The Retreat very much. The cabin was clean and well appointed and viewing the mountain setting from the spacious front porch was awesome. It is a good central location to enjoy beautiful drives around Angel Fire and the surrounding area. Watching the wildlife (including a bear!) was an unforgettable part of an overall great experience staying at The Retreat.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Subeallen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Managment Staff was great! Neil and Rachel made my stay wonderful! The place was perfect! I will stay again. I hope very soon! The place was larger than I anticipated. Very clean with TV which, was helpful with all the fires and flooding that I wanted to track.

Room Tip: This retreat is located in the timbers!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Aspen1050
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was looking for a cabin that was private and quiet when I saw the reviews on tripadvisor. I have to agree that this is a unique and wonderful place if you are looking for some solace in nature. The cabin where I stayed was The
most remote and closest to the hiking trail into the national forest. I watched deer, elk and chipmunks from the porch during the 2 days I was there. Other cabins are not as remote, but the way it is designed there is a general feeling of privacy. It is well lighted at night and I always felt safe. That being said, it is wise to hike with someone and be aware there could be bears in the area. I will definitely return to this place and hope to do so soon.

• Stayed June 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the retreat in Angelfire for a night (which, in that area is a really hard thing to find, most hotels in Red River and Angelfire require at least two nights). The cabins were HUGE and well spaced out. The site had access to hiking trails in the national forest that could be walked to from the cabin in just a minute or two. We happened to be there when the leaves were changing and it was absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dante46
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

After several nights of staying in blah motels, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised to discover our dream getaway... mountain cabins in the woods, away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. We loved the long porch deck that faced the mountains. Morning coffee on the deck watching the nature around us was a wonderful experience. Elk walked past us. A hummingbird buzzed a foot away from me. The cabins were clean, spacious and well-equipped. The Carson national forest and hiking trails are adjacent to the property. Those looking for peace and quiet in a beautiful environment won't be disappointed. It would've been extra nice if the decorative fireplaces actually were functional, but that's very minor when you consider how otherwise ideal the cabins are. My only issue was a too-soft mattress for my taste, but I'm picky when it comes to my sleep! :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,102 reviews
Sun God Lodge
Sun God Lodge
#12 of 15 in Taos

Been to The Retreat at Angel Fire? Share your experiences!