Tripadvisor
Jodhpur
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the blue room the owner clock tower rooftop restaurant wooden windows comfy bed old city great wifi great amenities home stay stayed only one night nicest places nice homestay superb location walking distance tuk tuk a great place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful bedroom in an old elegant building, clean sheets and bathroom, super nice person at the reception, and overall quite cheap compared to the quality of service. The couple running it even managed to do my laundry in half a day cause i was in a hurry. I strongly recommend this place. Thanks for being so welcoming and for the good conversation.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

We spent two nights here.
Gucci the owner was a great guy with excellent English.
His rooms are very clean and well decorated. We loved our room that had windows with fort views.
The guest house is in a superb location in the old city and it was very easy to navigate to all the major attractions like the fort and the clock tower and the step well.
We had free access to bottled water whilst we were there too which is a bonus.
I would definitely stay here again.
One thing though the stairs are quite steep. If you have knee problems it could be a challenge however we loved the stairs.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2019

We so enjoyed our 2 nights at Geeta Mahal. I wish we’d been able to stay longer. We stayed in the blue room at the top of the home stay overlooking the fort. We loved sitting by the open shutters, watching the world go by. Located in a quiet sid street, the perfect base to come and relax after exploring Jodhpur.

Our hosts were really lovely, and had we had any problems I know they would have bent over backwards to help.

The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, as were all the communal spaces. We really appreciated he added touches of free bottled water, a kettle in the room, and very appreciative of accommodating our late check out whilst we waited for our sleeper train.

Jodhpur is an amazing city, and we’d love to return. If we’re able to return one day we wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else than here.

Please don’t stay and complain about early morning street/temple noise. You’re in India.

1  Thank Georgia S
Reviewed November 10, 2019

I just spent three weeks here and felt totally comfortable and safe in an affordable place in the city. It was quiet and had all the amenities that I needed and the host was able to help me find equipment I needed for work and even helped me find a good tailor for some excellent clothes. I felt taken care of and yet independent which is essential for a woman traveling along. Definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

This place fills the necessity of finding a safe place to crash. It is very basic. It rained heavily while I was there and the water came through every window frame and pooled on the floor of my room, bringing with it the dye from the curtains which stained anything it touched. The redeeming factor here was the man in charge who was very accommodating and friendly.

Date of stay: July 2019