“Home away from home”

Ranked #8 of 190 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First of all i am really sorry for writing about this "lovely home" so late.
My family and I stayed with them in December 2012 for 3 days during our Rajasthan road trip. Bhavna aunty and Chandra Uncle were the highlight of my entire trip. I don't really have to say anything more ,we just could not have asked for anything better.
They took care of our every possible need. The entire time we were here, we never for a moment felt that we were away from home. Both of them made us feel so comfortable like we were at home, and yet we had our own privacy.
Another Big highlight was the food cooked by Aunty, which is to die for, she makes the most amazing Rajasthani food that i have ever had. The food was exquisite , superb and undoubtedly the best I have had.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank soni_tanu03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The couple who run this homestay make it a wonderful place to spend your time in Jodhpur. They made us feel like family, especially as we got to know another lady who was staying there for several months working for an NGO.

The food here was a highlight, some of the best we had in India. We were both ill on the day we arrived and they were very accommodating when we asked for plain/simple food. There were always at least 5 dishes at mealtimes. They also introduced us to Indian sweets! The mangoes we had at breakfast were the best I've tasted. We had a cooking lesson with Bhavna which was fantastic - a real insight into genuine Indian cooking. She spent 2 hours with us, showing us how to prepare 6 different dishes and explaining everything clearly. Great fun.

The couple called a rickshaw driver to pick us up in the mornings and were happy to give us bottles of mineral water. They also recommended an itinerary for us and gave us practical advice and directions for getting from A to B. There is wifi which works in the dining room - ask for the password.

The downside of this hotel is its location, approx 20min rickshaw ride from the town centre. Both our taxi driver on the day we arrived and rickshaw drivers during our stay struggled to find it, which doubled the journey time! I would recommend getting hold of a map with Indrashan marked on so you can direct the driver yourself if necessary! However the owners provided us with business cards we could use to show drivers and Chandra even picked us up in his car when we were nearby but couldn't find it.

We wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marie M
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at Indrashan for 3 months (March-June 2013) while I volunteered for an NGO in Jodhpur. I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend my time in Jodhpur - Bhavna and Chandra were incredible hosts and really made me feel at home. The quality of their hospitality did not waver the entire time I was there. The staff were kind and helpful, and more than willing to accomodate any request. My room was lovely and nicely decorated, and always kept very clean. The wi-fi was reliable, and laundry service was very prompt.

Staying here will give you a unique experience that you won't find in a hotel- like sitting down to a great home cooked meal every night with the owners and other guests, which was undoubtedly one of my favorite parts about my stay. However long you're staying in Jodhpur, Indrashan is a great place to just relax and escape the noise and bustle of the old city. I can't recommend it enough, and am already looking forward to someday going back to India and returning to Indrashan.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lia1030
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'll admit I'm not the typical Indrashan guest. I lived with Bhavna and Chandra for ten months while working for an NGO in Jodhpur, making me one of the longest staying guests in the homestay's history. Spending so much to time at Indrashan allowed me to appreciate what a truly fantastic place it was. As a result of the comfort, the food, and most importantly, the kindness of the hosts and the staff, Indrashan really became my home.

The great thing about Indrashan is that these factors make it feel like home for any length of time, even for a stay of just a few days. I would recommend it to all travelers looking for a quiet, clean, and welcoming place to spend some time. The location is in a peaceful neighborhood far enough from the old city that it's not hectic but close enough that it's easy to go shopping or sightseeing. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food is the best in Jodhpur. And best of all, it's run by the friendliest, most gracious people you will ever meet. Indrashan is an absolutely wonderful homestay. I miss it already.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BenKnowsBest
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We really enjoyed the 4 days in February 2013 that we spent in Jodhpur because firstly we stayed in a comfortable spacious room ornamented with nice pictures and furniture, secondly we ate tasteful dishes and drank good wine in company of other guests and hosts with a pleasant conversation after meal and thirdly last but not least we experienced very friendly attitude towards us from our hosts Bhavna and Chandra who made all possible to fulfill our requests ordering transport with drivers to Meherangarth Fort, to Bishnoi villages, to Osian and desert people and to Udaipur and also driving us personally to the Umaid Bhavan Palace with permission to visit the rooms with wall paintings made by Polish painter Stefan Norblin,what had been particularly interesting for us being citizens of Poland and taking into account that it was just in the day of my daughter's birthday. We can sincerely recommend the INRASHAN to every tourist coming to visit Jodhpur.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lena F
Boston
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Indrashan with Bhavna and Chandra. The room was lovely and peaceful, with beautiful furnishings. Spotless, comfortable. This is definitely a family home, but with however much privacy you would like. We had wonderful evenings on the patio enjoying conversation with other guests and our hosts. We got terrific travel advice from Chandra who can make travel arrangements throughout India. The food was exquisite - varied, wonderfully seasoned, and so many choices. I agree with an earlier review that one would risk putting on serious weight with a long stay (we stayed for 4 days). We enjoyed everything about our stay. All of the helping staff were friendly as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SA100
Saarbrucken, Germany
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We spent one night in Bhavna's house. She is a wonderful lady. Very kind and helpful. The whole place is very cozy. After our stay there, we were disappointed that we couldn't stay a few more nights in Jodhpur.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family