“Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Govind Hotel
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Jodhpur
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights in the Govind and would recommend it. Tidy hotel, nice clean rooms. The owner, Jaggi is very helpful and replies promptly to emails which is very useful when travelling. A free walking pick up was offered which was a great help. I would recommend staying here if you are in Jodhpur

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tomcope
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you, Tom. I hope you had a good journey from here to Udaipur. Thanks for the write up.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at govind because of its convenient location right near the train station, and also in the heart of jodhpur. The rooms were clean, no hot water in the shower, so many tv channels, ac cranked and the restaurant was cheap and tasty. Staff were very friendly too. Overall a good stay!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ijumparound
Thank you for the good write up. I am sorry since May, June, July it is very warm and we don't start our hot water systems. Only in winters we offer hot water. Thank you for mentioning about our tasty food.
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a very fine budget hotel with a nice rooftop restaurant that has an impressive view of the fort. Conveniently located to all major points of interest, the hotel is made better by a helpful staff and great owner, Jaggi, who is extremely friendly and helpful. Recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the write up and appreciating our helpful and friendly nature, jaggi
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked this hotel initially for our trip to Jodhpur in december 2012. Usually, I try to clarify evrything and ask about various tours etc available from the hotel desk. After one such email in which I asked about the weather in Jodhpur during our trip, I got the rude reply --"You are the woman with the maximum questions this year. I think this shall be your last question. Answer is it is very cold but you don't need heaters. Thank you, jaggi good night."
My husband asked me to immediately cancel the booking. Then the next reply was --"Thank you, for cancelling the reservation. Nobody have ever asked us so many questions. We were good to you by not asking you any advance which we always do, plus a free pick up from the station. Please don't mention the word rude, if you are not happy with the other you book please don't hesitate to come back yo us . Thanking you, jaggi ."
Then on the day before our arrival in Jodhpur, the hotel calls us about our booking in their place, though we had cancelled earlier. I am glad i did not stay there, and had a wonderful time in Durag Niwas guest House.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ipsita M
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Customer, i am sorry if you felt bed when we told you that you were the only customer asking so many questions. I had already given you the best of information you needed, more then 5 mails, but there were some questions which are normally understood or you have to come to the reception and ask and not on the mail. We have had so many customers who take our rates of camel safaries and the village tours we conduct, but they take the rates for comparison and book the tour for someone else. I don't blame you, you as a customer is bound to ask us questions but some times we don't have all the answers, like you asked me for the weather , can we ever predict the weather. We have had thunder storms in winters, which is very rare. I am 61 years now and running this hotel since the last 21 years with honesty. Just recently there were 2 customers whom we send above 3 to 4 mails and they confirmed their bookings, finally after all the correspondence, also giving us the train no and the train coach nos, they cancel the bookings, we don't know the reason why. Dear readers, i apologize to this customer of mine with a deep concern. I, the owner will see that this does not repeat again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The owner might misbehave with you for small payments. Not recommended at all. On our stay in this hotel I was regularly paying room rent on alternate days. The owner insisted me to pay the room rent on daily basis. But when I could'nt pay for 2 consecutive days the owner suddenly misbehaved and started shouting at me. Not recommended if you are going with family.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 12abhi121
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Sir, you stayed with us from the 03-06-13 to 11-06-2013. You had asked me to quote the room rent for a double bed, but you never mentioned that you were travelling with your wife, your mother in law, your brother in law. Your'll were 4 persons but i never charged you for the extra person since i had committed for a discount. Coming to the room rent you never paid alternate days. Your first payment came on the 3/6/13 of rs 1000/, second on the 5/6/13 of rs 5000/. After that you didn't pay us till the 9th, your dues to the hotel was more then rs 8500/. My manager requested you to clear the dues on the 8th, which you said you would do in the morning or evening. You never paid any attention for the amount which you had to clear, mind you this money was not an advance but the dues which you had to pay the hotel. On the 9th morning i spoke to you on the phone and said that more then rs 8000/ was outstanding to which you said that you would clear in the evening. In the evening you nicely pay rs 3000/(9-6-13), but still rs 5000/ was due. When i spoke to you you said the ATM was not working. Yes i got wild on you because you told me "You don't know my status". I am a bank manager. I fully agree with you that, you may be a bank manager and you don't have rs 10,000/ in your pocket. On hearing the arguments your mother in law came and gave us the money and we clearly mention that this is not the advance but the dues which this gentleman is avoiding. The biggest high light about your complain is that I the owner was there when your family left. I asked your mother in law about her stay at the hotel, she said very comfortable and nice. I also apologized to her for asking her for the money and she was honest enough to tell me what is due to you should be paid. To my tripadvisor readers, we the hotel owners when ever we go to any hotel in India we have to pay for the room in advance, here it was not the advance but an amount of rs 8500/ outstanding to the hotel. My complainant is a manger in a big bank but its a pity, " many people are graduated but only a few are educated". I am the owner, 62 years old running Govind Hotel since the last 21 years with my honesty and sincerity. I really feel bad when somebody writes wrong things about the hotel when it is no mistake of ours. Mr complainant, does your family know that you have complained about us, for if they know they will know who was wrong. You have also mentioned that not recommended if you are with your family. Apart from families there have been several female travelers travelling alone who have come and enjoyed their stay with us.
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We liked this hotel so much we stayed here twice! The staff were VERY helpful and helped us break into our bag when we'd lost our key after a long train journey. The hotel rooftop restaurant was lovely, had a nice atmosphere and the food was really nice too. Although this is a budget hotel they had really made an effort to decorate the rooms nicely and it really paid off. Both times we stayed our rooms were very clean. Another big selling point is that it's just a 2 minute walk up from the station - handy for those early morning or late night train arrivals!

Room Tip: In India hotelkeepers are only to pleased to show you the room before you decide to stay. If you don...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the beautiful write up. We are 5 mts away from the station, very handy for the guests who have to take or arrive early morning or a late night train. We also offer free walking pick ups from the station. Thank you for your stay with us, jaggi
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose to stay here as it was right opposite the track station but is about a 20 minute walk to the main sights of Jodhpur, there and only looted restaurants in this but there are a couple of options.
The owner was very welcoming and nice.
The room was nicely decorated but was pretty small, no day light and the air cooling system was so noisy we had to ask for it to be turned off as we couldn't sleep but was then sweltering hot. There was though a TV the bed was comfortable. But then again the room was cheap at only Rs600 so we can't really complain.
Overalls this is a good budget option in a pretty convenient location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thanks for write up. Of course the budget rooms are small and we have a cooling plant for 6 rooms. We have to keep the cooler on so that the room remains cool in the night. Some customers don't like the noise, we know but some customers insist on the cooler, to keep the room cool. Thank you for nice and meaning write up.