“Not what it seems!”
Review of Ranbanka Palace

Ranbanka Palace
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here with a small tour group and on arrival thought how lovely the place looked, but were quickly dissappointed when we were placed in the old wing. The room we had was large and clean but only a very small window that overlooked the air conditioning unit. the other windows were looking over the hallway, so had the feeling of being very closed in. The pool didn't look clean as there was a lot of building going on at the hotel and they were sanding back an area near the pool and it seemed to cover the water and didn't look very inviting. The front office staff didn't seem to understand the running of the hotel. On enquiry for internet they said it was not working, and they would phone our room when it comes on... 3 hrs later someone from our group said they were on the internet as soon as we arrived. On checking again with the reception they still said it wasn't working. So staff need to be kept up to date on things so guests don't feel like they are being just pushed aside with queries. I really think some rooms in the old section should be closed until the renovations are finished.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank maySunshineCoast
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur-A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay at Ranbanka Palace. The Palace Wing is the Heritage wing of the hotel which we try to showcase as the original building. We cannot change certain features of the room without changing the heritage nature of the property. I have noted your concerns regarding the staff knowledge and corrective action has been taken. There was a technical problem with the wi-fi connectivity which has been resolved.

There are newer reviews for Ranbanka Palace

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here during Diwali and enjoyed it very much. It is located around 10 minute car / tuk tuk ride in to centre of town (clock tower).
We were upgraded upon arrival so we had a huge balcony with nice seating. Room was huge with lovely bathroom and a tub.
The pool was very nice & big with plenty of loungers, something we noticed was lacking in many other hotels on this trip.
Breakfast was the best we had on our itinerary through Rajasthan. we didn't dine there though the terrace looked lovely and inviting.
I did find it annoying having to pay for wifi at a 4/5 star hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve_Amy

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur-A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in Jodhpur! It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve our services and facilities and ensure that your next visit is even more memorable.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you're looking for a place to hold a wedding or a function (upto 600 guests) in Jodhpur, this is an ideal hotel offering warm Rajasthani hospitality. However, it is not all that royal.
For a weekend getaway, this hotel is super. The rooms are spacious (but don't expect too much opulence) and balconies are lovely. Spend the day idling away by the pool and enjoy the folk music in the evening. The food is delicious. I recommend mirchi bhajji and samosa (it is outstanding) and of course Laal Maas and Jungli murg.
The spa, however, was a little disappointing in terms of ambiance and massage. It was average.

Room Tip: Choose rooms from the Heritage wing of you want a typical traditional feel... For a modern feel choo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Purvabhatia

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur-A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to know that you had a memorable stay at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to the Chef and his team. I have also noted your feedback regarding the massage and will work on improving it further.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We came to this hotel for 1 night stay after trying unsuccessfully to find a room in a few other hotels. They offer us their best suite (and most expensive) saying that this is the only room available. From the very few guests we saw during diner and breakfast, we think they might have more rooms available. Our room was very very big but not clean and poorly maintained. The restaurant was average from what you expect from 5 star hotel. We should had tried to find another hotel.
Adina and Itzhak Zafrir

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Itzhak Z
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace-A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I was disappointed to know that you did not have a memorable stay at the hotel. The hotel was running busy due to a conference when you stayed with us and, therefore, we offered you our best Suite. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and provide you with the true Ranbanka experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed during our trip in ranbanka palace. After some reviews Here we have with a abbruchreifen doss house expecting that and were then very pleasant Surprised, such a nice, smaller palatial hotel from red sandstone to find. Not so grand As other, more cozy. The rooms there are on several floors at open balustrades With a view of the garden. On the doorstep in each case 2 chairs. There are also rooms with A large furnished terrace outside, but we had first category. The room itself Was normal size and with local table furnished nicely. Tv and fridge Available, spacious bathroom with shower/tub combination. Everything very clean. In the palace garden is a Pool, we couldn't use, but looked inviting. Here in the garden Also the evening buffet is served, nice atmosphere, very good food. However the Spacing highest drink prices for the whole trip! The breakfast in the dining room was in Order. The staff was very friendly. All told, we would have love to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. We would have also liked you to stay longer and take in the various services and facilities that we offer.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for a night with a friend, the place was just amazing, very nice and friendly staff, got a great welcome at check in, plenty of food at the dinner, loved it all too. Breakfast was good also. Only small issue was that we got a room right in front of the dinner tables with the cultural dancing and singing over there, we finished dinner early and wanted to have an early sleep, but a bit of the action outside prevented us from falling a sleep right away, it didn't take long as we knew it would stop at 10 pm, so it wasn't of a big deal. I loved the hotel, would stay here again if I visit Jodhpur next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mohammed A
SAYYADMA, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to know that you had a memorable stay at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team as well. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve and upgrade our facilities and services to make your stay even more comfortable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had an excellent stay at Ranbanka Palace. Everyone here is so kind & helpful. I have been to Jodhpur 2nd time, recommended by Abhiraj owner of Brewmen to stay here this time being a part of family. I got amazing deal for two nights. When I entered in palace I was welcomed like a queen. Food is great & waiters & so good.
Will be coming there next year as well with my family till than take care my Palace.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Freeroamlance

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur- A Classified Heritage Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to further improve our services and facilities to make your stay even more comfortable.

Warm Regards,