(1) This is actually a very old Haveli turned into a Hotel. The owner claims its 500 years old.
The inside of this Guest House is a perfect labyrinth. Interested people should consider and explore the maze-like structure the hotel offers. Its fun !
(2) Some of the rooms are really nice and are quite lavish. We suggest the Royal King Suite and the Temple Suite - both of which are magnificent. The Fort view room is also okay. We had reserved all thee three rooms.
(3) View from the restaurant is truly ravishing - the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort overlooks you.
(1) Location. Amidst a very narrow and untidy lane. You can't reach the hotel with a car - the owner was of course helpful in sending an auto to pick us up.
(2) Old people beware. Because there are many stairs you would have to climb. Add to it the complexity of the labyrinth.
(3) Biggest downside - the restaurant. Food service is very very slow. So be aware that you need to order sufficiently in advance. The 2-3 folks who manage the restaurant didn't seem very straight to run it efficiently. We discovered that the kitchen is inadequate for large orders - if you order for 3 people - they cook the dish for the 1st person - then for the 2nd person - then for the 3rd person. That's the logic. In between there are many mosquitoes giving you company in the rooftop restaurant. So, you'd be better off sometimes ordering the food in your rooms.
(4) Rooms - are shabby other than the 2 rooms mentioned earlier. Avoid the Maharaja or the Maharani suite.
Overall, good stay. But I'd be happy to explore any other hotel if I were to visit Jodhpur again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 500 year old beautiful old blue haveli. The Blue House is a Jain-family owned guest house with a rooftop restaurant where you find magnificent views of fort and blue city with delicious food. All efforts have been made to preserve the historical identity and integrity of the Guest House despite its modern environs. A pleasant terrace offers a splendid view of the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort, the royal family's Cenotaphs, Gulab Sagar, the clock tower and the Old City. The Blue House combines old charm with the best of modern amenities. The guest rooms are regal & celebrate the richness of India's culture in a tapestry of classic decor & unmatched comfort. Rooms provide a splendid view of magnificent Mehrangarh Fort and blue city. Remember their is another simillar named property start few months back. Due to no pay any commission to Rickshaw driver some time it will be hard to find us.So make sure you arrive to THE BLUE HOUSE-(R) Jodhpur. BEWARE OF INFERIOR IMITATION ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Blue House Guest House Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue House Guest House Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur