“Wonderful homestay in Jodhpur!”
Review of Nora Villa

Nora Villa
Ranked #48 of 154 Specialty Lodging in Jodhpur
jodhpur
“Wonderful homestay in Jodhpur!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Had a great stay in Jodhpur at the Nora Villa. Friendly hostess and very nice pets. Excellent service, too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nadiad
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed at this beautiful home stay twice recently. Nora villa is situated at very good, peaceful, pollution free locality of Jodhpur. Property itself is very nice and beautiful. Nice A.C. bedrooms with attached bath with tub. Dinning rooms, living rooms, launge are beautifully decorated. Nice little, very well maintained garden is also there to relax in evening. Cleanliness and timely service are plus points of this home stay. Food is superb. Staff is very polite. This is one of the best home stay in India.
But best of all at Nora villa are your host, the owner Mr. & Mrs. Shelley. I was with my 80 year old mom & other family members there. They really cared for my mom & all of us.. They served us superb food.. They smilingly did everything, we asked. We really enjoyed our stay there.. On return journey from Karachi, we once again stayed there. we will stay at Nora villa every time we visit Jodhpur.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I want to say that I didn't have a chance to tell Nora this directly but I would have if she was available for feedback.

This home stay was quite unclean. I found hair in both the bathroom and bedside table, and the complementary toiletries were partially used and stuffed back in their container. On top of that the bathroom tub was quite disgusting, it just needs to be demolished and rebuilt. The shower head didn't work properly, and could barely squeeze out enough water for a shower and the sealing around the tub was moldy.

If that doesn't stop you from staying here, the other issue was that there is no method to buzz into the home so after I was dropped off by the taxi (at 10pm) I stood outside for 15 minutes shouting at the house. Even though I told her I would be arriving at 10pm.

I have to say that the service provided by the servants was very good, there were two men who carried my bags, delivered me tea, fixed my hot water tank in the shower, and made a really delicious breakfast. For the most part Nora stayed out of the way and didn't chat with me. I paid 2200 Rupees for this, which was way too much compared to other fantastic home stays that I found in Jaipur and Udaipur for much less.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WestCoastTrio
Pune
Reviewed February 1, 2010

The room was very small for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children), the owner was surprise to see us arriving at 4 !!! nice to hear this, she didn't read properly the recommendations of our travel agent)

The room and the attached bath-room were dirty, yeakkkk.

• Liked — garden
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled with family