“Nice spacious environment, good place to start your west Rajsathan tour”

Shree Ram International
Ranked #23 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Hyderabad, India
“Nice spacious environment, good place to start your west Rajsathan tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, as we discovered. For the price we paid, we were really surprised to see spacious lawns awaiting us. The Lobby was too good. But I think the best part was the people. We reached fairly early in the morning (around 7) and they just alloted a room without even a glance at us! great!!
The B/F was good for our palate and the pool was good too with the little fountain in it, which the kids enjoyed a lot.
Definitely a recommended hotel - blindfolded
Manish Joshi

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
India
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at Shree Ram on Dec 28 and 29 which is peak tourist season.

I would give the hotel 5 stars everywhere. Check in was quick and easy. I had called them up on phone and they upgraded us to a suite, presumably as the standard rooms were not ready.

I loved the extensive grounds that the hotel had. It also had a hall and shower facilities for our driver which is a added advantage.

The restaurant had good food and the prices were very reasonable. My daughter loved the magic show and card tricks that they had in the restaurant. Breakfast in the morning was abelow average, though.

The only issue was the construction outside the room in the lawns for the New Year party, but I guess, that is understandable, and we deserved it going so close to new years.

Great place to stay for the price it is on.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
jodhpur
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Discover a budget accommodation facility at Jodhpur City where exceptional value meets unmatched location - Discover the Hotel Sachdeva Excellency. Situated in the heart of the Jodhpur City, minutes from the City main Railway Station, this contemporary yet comfortable central Hotel in Jodhpur will serve as your gateway to the Thar Desert and various other amazing destinations like Jaisalmer, Barmer etc.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This is a typical 3 star facility- rooms, amenities, service, food etc. all is as per what you get in a typical 3 star hotel. Not too great and not too poor to turn you away. I was visiting here in a very busy period of year (last week of December) and still found no issues with services. Rooms were clean and large enough to accommodate husband/wife and a 7 year old child, staff was polite, served breakfast in morning was descent and dinner food quality in the evening was excellent. Only issue I had with this hotel was that when we were staying the hotel was booked for a marriage and reception was held in the large compound of this hotel to which my room window was facing- hence we had to deal with the late night noise of music and flood light etc. Later I came to know this is quite frequent and common with this hotel so if you are bit sensitive about your night time sleep then be advised. In the conclusion it turned out to be a great bargain for us considering the amount of money we paid to stay in this hotel hence I would recommend this to everyone if you get it at bargain price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I came across hotel Shree Ram International while I was deputed in London for an assignment and had to travel on 3 weeks holidays for my cousin's marriage in Jodhpur. Though I belong to Jodhpur and have my entire clan settled here, but I never really got a change to stay in a hotel in my own city, still we did that for about a week since almost all wedding arrangements were outsourced & arranged at Shree Ram International by my Uncle; We had about 6 rooms booked and one room was allocated to me during that wedding week of my cousin. I would like to give a firsthand review to fellow visitors under few headings which are important for me if I were to choose a hotel for leisure -

(a) Accessibility To Important Places - Hotel is situated on Residency road, it is one of the good areas of Jodhpur, on the way from Airport, making it a convenient lodging place for tourists, Jodhpur is often visited by foreigners. The hotel is equidistant from center of Jodhpur and Airport and also not far from other tourist areas of city like Jalori Gate, Jodhpur Fort, Ajit Bhawan, Ummaid Bhawan etc…Good location for a hotel. One thumbs up on that.

(b) Looks, Ambience and Grandeur – If one is in this princely state, the place to stay should remind him/her of that as often as it can, the ambience should be decent and looks pleasing. I liked them all, quite a decent place with plenty of space to roam around, good garden area, decent swimming pool, ample parking area, good entrance, it gave a very traditional yet modern look. Has got an impressive lobby, pleasing to eyes. Over all again a 2nd thumbs up.

(c) Comfortable Habitat, Clean Rooms, and Good Service – These are the top most agenda on my list, and I must say the rooms were decent with an opening to swimming pool area, there was a back entrance as well to the pool area for my room (It was a ground floor room, next to entrance lobby). Service was ok, however I struggled with one or two occasions to get timely attention of the room service, but then I guess it was a busy week for all due to wedding arrangements, hence I can discount that for now. I would still recommend on this aspect.

(d) Food – Being a connoisseur of good food, I loved this place. There were variety in the buffet, the gulab jamun(black) at the end along with ice-cream was a dream come true. The separate dining area is a decent area adjacent to lobby and has good wooden area to dine with pool view from one side (though drapped properly for you to not to get distracted). Again a one up.

(e) Affordability – Though I did not pay for the place, but I understand that this place is in INR 3-4K range per room per night, I have had stay in much worse places with ridiculous prices. I would not mind shelling out this much sum for a decent place and hence I give a thumb up on price points.

To sum it up, I think I would recommend this place to anyone with limited budget and pre-planned holiday to Jodhpur city. I am not rating this place an excellent, since for a price you can get better deals in Jodhpur…but still a net-net decent place in a must see city Jodhpur.

• Liked — A lot of points actually, specially the ambience
  • Disliked — I am not sure of internet access, did not use that - not sure if its there at all
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank atul_purohit
Guwahati
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Great Hotel with staff who are over-eager to serve. It gives a 4 star stay experience at really affordable price. Rooms are great with all amenities. The problem is limited options at buffet breakfast. Another problem is that the pool site is occupied most of the time with group booking (for parties and all). I infact cancelled my return trip stay (from Jaisalmer) at The Ummeid to stay in this hotel.

• Liked — Great Service
  • Disliked — Tap water (apparently salty all accross Jodhpur)
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Relaxed_Explorer
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were a group of 2 families travelling together .Very good Hotel .Spacious lawn , rooms are clean ,bathrooms are spick , swimming pool is good .Room service was ok but overall very good ambience .Courteous staff .Value for money .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family