“I would come back and stay here!”

Shree Ram International
Ranked #25 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Madison, Wisconsin
“I would come back and stay here!”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This is a typical 3 star facility- rooms, amenities, service, food etc. all is as per what you get in a typical 3 star hotel. Not too great and not too poor to turn you away. I was visiting here in a very busy period of year (last week of December) and still found no issues with services. Rooms were clean and large enough to accommodate husband/wife and a 7 year old child, staff was polite, served breakfast in morning was descent and dinner food quality in the evening was excellent. Only issue I had with this hotel was that when we were staying the hotel was booked for a marriage and reception was held in the large compound of this hotel to which my room window was facing- hence we had to deal with the late night noise of music and flood light etc. Later I came to know this is quite frequent and common with this hotel so if you are bit sensitive about your night time sleep then be advised. In the conclusion it turned out to be a great bargain for us considering the amount of money we paid to stay in this hotel hence I would recommend this to everyone if you get it at bargain price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I came across hotel Shree Ram International while I was deputed in London for an assignment and had to travel on 3 weeks holidays for my cousin's marriage in Jodhpur. Though I belong to Jodhpur and have my entire clan settled here, but I never really got a change to stay in a hotel in my own city, still we did that for about a week since almost all wedding arrangements were outsourced & arranged at Shree Ram International by my Uncle; We had about 6 rooms booked and one room was allocated to me during that wedding week of my cousin. I would like to give a firsthand review to fellow visitors under few headings which are important for me if I were to choose a hotel for leisure -

(a) Accessibility To Important Places - Hotel is situated on Residency road, it is one of the good areas of Jodhpur, on the way from Airport, making it a convenient lodging place for tourists, Jodhpur is often visited by foreigners. The hotel is equidistant from center of Jodhpur and Airport and also not far from other tourist areas of city like Jalori Gate, Jodhpur Fort, Ajit Bhawan, Ummaid Bhawan etc…Good location for a hotel. One thumbs up on that.

(b) Looks, Ambience and Grandeur – If one is in this princely state, the place to stay should remind him/her of that as often as it can, the ambience should be decent and looks pleasing. I liked them all, quite a decent place with plenty of space to roam around, good garden area, decent swimming pool, ample parking area, good entrance, it gave a very traditional yet modern look. Has got an impressive lobby, pleasing to eyes. Over all again a 2nd thumbs up.

(c) Comfortable Habitat, Clean Rooms, and Good Service – These are the top most agenda on my list, and I must say the rooms were decent with an opening to swimming pool area, there was a back entrance as well to the pool area for my room (It was a ground floor room, next to entrance lobby). Service was ok, however I struggled with one or two occasions to get timely attention of the room service, but then I guess it was a busy week for all due to wedding arrangements, hence I can discount that for now. I would still recommend on this aspect.

(d) Food – Being a connoisseur of good food, I loved this place. There were variety in the buffet, the gulab jamun(black) at the end along with ice-cream was a dream come true. The separate dining area is a decent area adjacent to lobby and has good wooden area to dine with pool view from one side (though drapped properly for you to not to get distracted). Again a one up.

(e) Affordability – Though I did not pay for the place, but I understand that this place is in INR 3-4K range per room per night, I have had stay in much worse places with ridiculous prices. I would not mind shelling out this much sum for a decent place and hence I give a thumb up on price points.

To sum it up, I think I would recommend this place to anyone with limited budget and pre-planned holiday to Jodhpur city. I am not rating this place an excellent, since for a price you can get better deals in Jodhpur…but still a net-net decent place in a must see city Jodhpur.

• Liked — A lot of points actually, specially the ambience
  • Disliked — I am not sure of internet access, did not use that - not sure if its there at all
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank atul_purohit
Guwahati
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Great Hotel with staff who are over-eager to serve. It gives a 4 star stay experience at really affordable price. Rooms are great with all amenities. The problem is limited options at buffet breakfast. Another problem is that the pool site is occupied most of the time with group booking (for parties and all). I infact cancelled my return trip stay (from Jaisalmer) at The Ummeid to stay in this hotel.

• Liked — Great Service
  • Disliked — Tap water (apparently salty all accross Jodhpur)
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Relaxed_Explorer
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were a group of 2 families travelling together .Very good Hotel .Spacious lawn , rooms are clean ,bathrooms are spick , swimming pool is good .Room service was ok but overall very good ambience .Courteous staff .Value for money .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Ravichandran
Melbourne
Reviewed July 5, 2008

The hotel is set in a large garden so the rooms have a pleasant outlook over either this or the swimming pool. Being well back from the road it is also very quiet.
The pool and its sourounds are good, and you can order drinks and snacks there.
The hotel loby is welcoming and we were greeted with a floral lei and cold drink. The resaurant has good food and service, however it only offers vegetarian food, but lots of interesting and tasty dishes both Indian and western. The pancakes at breakfast are very good too. There was a small bar but this was very smoky so we did not go in.
The rooms were comfortable and large.
I enjoyed our stay here.

• Liked — Hotel and surrounding gardens and pool area all spacious and well maintained
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank sharichMelbourne
pune
Reviewed May 6, 2008

first a fall, there are two Shri Ram in Jodhpur, one is Shri Ram International and Another is Shri Ram Excellency.

Its an amazing hotel, its basically famous for its corporate imaze and wedding organizing. i was there to attain one of the d most royal wedding of my life. everything was so perfect. from your room service to your arrival and departure, amazing decoration, yummy food, lots and lots of variety.

i'll rate SRI a score of 8.5 on the scale of 10.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007
2 Thank shanki
Netherlands
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We were booked into this hotel as part of our Rajasthan Tour. All the hotels were 3*, but we were pleasantly suprised when we got here after some horrible hotels in Delhi and Agra.

The hotel is very well kept, the rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very friendly, and are definitely not the tip grabbers we have seen in some other places.
The swimming pool was outside, and although it looked clean, the weather was not good enough try out the temperature.

There were arayuvedic massages, but that wasn't that great. Especially only the back massage and neck is not something to recommend.

The restaurant was nice, with quite a lot of good food choices.

In all, a pleasant stay and definitely one hotel i would recommend.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)