“Very good accomodation, great food and fantastic service!”

and 1 more site!
Baba Haveli Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 171 Specialty Lodging in Jodhpur
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hi all. If you go to Jodhpur, I strongly recommend you a Baba Haveli Guesthouse. It is really close to the Jodhpur forth and it has also very good sightseeing on it. Rooms are clean and atmosphere in the guesthouse is very friendly (between guests and also personal). The food is simply great. You can have any meal from the menu 24 hours a day. But the greatest value of this guesthouse is its personal mainly the boss Imran. He is very very helpfull and kind person. He helped us with our program in the city, made a reservation for a camel safari, village safari, bus ticket. Very nice was that I had a birthday these days and Imran prepared a birthday cake for me. I can only recommend this place for you.

Room Tip: You will pay for the bad not for the room. This is very good for single travelers.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaroman81

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Imran, he run the ghest house ! Hes a very nice friend and he will be there to help you at any time ! The rooms are nice and clean ! Good price also ! Make sure you reserve first ! The mix veg is also amazing ! Its my favorite ! Theres a very nice roof top wit the view on the fort ! Imran is a good man and Ill never forget him ! The best ghest house in Jodhpur ! :)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I can only highly recommend the guesthouse. We stayed there longer than expected because we felt very comfortable and Imran helped us a lot with taking care of our accommodation, food, program for few days and our next journey. Already when we arrived to the bus station and mentioned our guesthouse, the ricksha took us there for free because he knew Imran as a friend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Babas for 3 nights. The manager here is a top bloke who will bend over backwards to help you out - booking tickets, recommendations and general advice. Rooms are basic but serve their purpose and are very inexpensive. Great breakfast on the rooftop with an awesome view of the city & fort. Friendly atmosphere without too much of a contrived "traveller" vibe. Super place for those on a budget. Would stay again and highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for a few days and had the most amazing time! One of my favorite guesthouses ever! The rooms are nice, clean and very reasonably priced. Additionally, if you are a single traveler like me, the room price is per person not per room so you're not penalized for being solo. The rooftop has gorgeous views of the old fort and the whole city in general. Imran made me feel so welcome and was an unbelievably helpful resource for the city, even after my departure. He'd given me his number and when the bus driver leaving Jodhpur was trying to screw me over he got on the phone with him and helped straighten it all out. Above and beyond the call of duty! Also the cook is phenomenal! Some of the best food I've had in all of India (although he is Nepalese and expresses all the characteristic kindness of his countrymen). I highly recommend this guesthouse to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The manager of New India Guesthouse in Jaipur recommended me this place. This has definitely been the best place I stayed at thus far, and I can hardly believe there will be any better place.
The young guy running this place and the Nepalese cook are very nice and helpful. The food was also the best I had in India thus far, definitely try the Dum Aloo here!

The view of the fortress is amazing and the fortress is on walking distance. The clocktower with its bazaar is on walking distance as well. As you expect in India, small stores can be found in the same street as the guesthouse.

Little point of critique, the beds are quite hard which isn't that comfortable. I spent quite a long time here and on my way from Jaisalmer to Udaipur I will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

After traveling around 14 major cities over two weeks in India, I can certainly say I never came across a better guesthouse for the money! Several things stand out at Baba Haveli Guesthouse that set it apart from the others. The rooms were incredibly clean and inexpensive. Prices are per person and everyone is treated fairly as customers so no need to worry about how much you are paying for your stay. Every hotel room I came across in the same price range (and even much more expensive)never looked this great! Even more impressive is the incredible view of the city and the Mehrangarh Fort from the rooftop! Quite a breath taking view and they serve incredibly delicious food here (at great prices). A wonderful place to take in all the sites, relax, and enjoy great food. Lastly, and most importantly is who runs the hotel. Manager Imran is the most real and sincere person I met while backpacking across India. Never did I meet someone so genuinely concerned about you and your stay. I cannot stress how refreshing and incredibly important this is unless you have backpacked around the country a lot. It can be difficult at times to find people who you can trust them or their motives, but Imran truly cares! Imran - thank you so much for being such a fantastic guy and for your phenomenal guesthouse!! :)