Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $48.00
from $151.00
from $44.00
6,107 results
All reviews audio guide blue city museum shop jodhpur city must visit place flying fox beautiful architecture entry fee rao jodha old city on display lift fort india palanquins cannon weapons
Reviewed today via mobile

We went to the for today and I didn’t realize it was a UNESCO site. The grounds cost 600 for foreigner or 400 for a student. The fort is quite spectacular although very busy. There is more info about parts of the fort than other places we’ve been to in India which was nice. If you’re in Jodhpur I’d definitely recommend visiting.

Reviewed yesterday

I paid 700 RP total including my photo pass. The fort complex was very crowded but interesting. The free audio tour provided for holding your official ID is a very nice feature and easy to use. I say very touristy because of the foreigner's high admission price, size of the crowd visiting, and the hired locals in traditional garb added for visual interest. I visited quite a few of these Rajasthan fort palaces and this ranks high in its architectural beauty, inside and out and for the well-maintained condition of the complex. I walked down from the fort and took a short break from the sun at the Choulan Gallery & Painting school at the bottom of the hill on the main fort road, where I saw a wide assortment of the kinds of art the family does. If your looking for local art of the fort this is a good place to stop. The owner let me look around without pestering me too much.

Reviewed yesterday

The Mehrangarh Fort is one of the most stunning forts in Rajasthan. It offers picturesque views of the Blue city of Jodhpur. One must not forget to hire a guide or rent an audio tour as it is worth every penny.

Things to Carry - Camera, Comfortable Clothes and Footwear, Water bottle, Umbrella/Hats (in summers)

Advise - During summers, try to visit this fort in the early hours as it gets really hot after 11 AM.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Good fort, some nice views of the blue city. The achecture and design is good to see however overpriced for 600 rupee entry. There are much better forts to see in India for less.

Reviewed yesterday

Indeed a marvel. Take time to soak in the beauty of this magnificent fort. You will need time on hand and good quality shoes. Peak season can see hoards of tourist at this place with tourist buses / car parked all over. Advisable to start early (we were there at 9 am).

Reviewed yesterday

Never too sure what a visit and tour at a monument like this is going to be like in India, it seems many of the state owned monuments are pretty run down with very basic tours. The Mehrangarh Fort however is independently run and we were recommended to visit by our hotel, we’re glad we did.
The tour was both fascinating and spectacular, the included audio guide was excellent, informative of both the fort and Indian history.
You really can’t miss this tour if visiting Jodhpur.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

On our one day stop in Jodhpur we had the pleasure to be shown around this beautiful city by a guide, Mulsingh! He was absolutely amazing. He came to our hotel, took us to Umaid Bhavan, Jaswant Thada, and finally Mehrangarh fort. He spoke to us in both Hindi and English as our Hindi isn’t that great, having lived abroad for years. He was very patient, took a genuine interest in what sparked our interest and gave us fun facts and made sure we didn’t miss out in anything. Towards the end, he took us to Ramji sweets to try the local lassi (yogurt drink), hot sweet milk (garam doodh), and he even let me have a go, by asking the shopkeeper for me, to try my hand at making amriti, another kind of sweet. It’s rare these days you find people who genuinely just take pride in what they do and they want to give you the best experience! He’s only been doing it a year, but he’s amazing! Mulsingh, I cannot recommend him enough!!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Excellent fort. Worth to see. Fort opening time is 9.00 am. Reach by 8.30 for lane free entry. Excellent views of jodhpur. Don't miss this point.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I recently visited the fort on my trip to Jodhpur. Visiting this fort has always been my desire. The fort premises are neat and clean. There are a few cafes within the fort premises whicha bave foood items and water, cold drinks and milk sbakes. If you opt for the audio guide the viewing spots are marked properly. They offer a lift service as the fort is on hill and is a steep walk upwards. The only thing bad as per me is that visiting this fort is an expensive affair. I ended up apyong 100 rs as entry fees, 180 rs for audio guide, rs 50 for elevator ride( one way). This comes to 330 rs per head. I wanted to opt for a tour guide but I couldn't get one as the charge was Rs 400 for a tour guide for a group of 1 to 4 people.It is a little heavy on the pocket if you are a big family. But the views from the fort are amazing. It is one of the best maintained forts all over India.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Beautiful fort..tips : wear comfortable shoes,sunglasses,sunscreen and water bottle..can click beautiful piks from top..better to go by lift to reach d top of fort..tckets are very cheap for indians and vary for foreigners..had really grtt time..