“Best Hotel I have Stayed in till now.”

Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Jodhpur
New Delhi, India
“Best Hotel I have Stayed in till now.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at Umaid Bhawan Palace in April this year and to be very honest.. This has been the best experience so far. I am soo impressed with it that this is the first review i am ever writing on a website. I just could not help but appreciate. I have traveled world over and stayed in the best hotels in the world but this one is just over the Top. The staff of the hotel and i mean each and every one of them will make you feel like a Royalty. You can't really ask for anything more. The Duty Manager Vardhman Rathore and the Restro Manager Mudit Mathur were soo hospitable that we were overwhelmed. The food was too good and the way they treat you is just perfect. We wanted to have something out of the menu and the the restro manager was more then pleased to ask the chef to make it and as it took its own sweet time, the restro staff made it a point that we had something to nibble in the mean time.. which was really very sweet of them. Bottom line.. The place it awesome and the people who work there make it out of this world experience. Best Wishes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanuj_Mittal
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your feedback with fellow travellers. I am so pleased to note that you had a pleasant stay and our services measured upto your expectations.

I have conveyed your gracious words of appreciation to Vardhaman, Mudit and all of my colleagues and I am certain this will be a source of motivation for each one of us at Taj to further excel in our quest to delight our esteemed guests.

Hoping to see you soon at the beautiful Palace once again for yet another memorable stay!

Vincent Ramos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I spent a wonderful 6 days here, with my husband. My daughter who had come out for an internship was with us for the first two days. It was very hot, around 46 degrees. We were upgraded to the most beautiful, huge, spotless rooms we had ever stayed in. The staff were so warm and friendly, I still have a warm glow three weeks later. Nothing was too much trouble for them. This extended to every single person we met, so it's hard to single anyone out. The very large underground swimming pool is unique. It's a bit cold first getting in, but well worth it. We swam every day. The staff brought us complimentary fruit, cocktails and ice cream. We had two treatments in the spa which were wonderful. The gym was also excellent. The hotel itself is also amazing. It feels so relaxing and peaceful, the whole place feels like a giant spa. It's the closest we will get to feeling like royalty, but this place is so amazing, you really do feel that you are!

1 Thank Moore21
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, December 15, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share such a lovely feedback with everyone. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay at the Palace.

I am proud to know that we have such members in our team who took exceptional care of guests like you. It is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel like a Maharaja/ Maharani while staying here and I am glad we were able to make your stay so memorable.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the whole team and they are delighted to receive such compliments from your end.

We would love to have you as our guests once again at the beautiful Palace in the blue city of Jodhpur!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed here with my grandma. We have traveled all over the world together and we both think it is the best hotel we have stayed at! Staying at this palace for a couple of days was an amazingly satisfying experience as well as a spiritual experience. All the staff are very hard working and they show they care. I would like to mention Abhishek Mohan. He went out of his way to treat us well and show us around the palace! Over all our experience was 100% satisfying.

1 Thank Bowie R
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

I am so humbled and delighted to hear your fantastic review from your most recent stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your stay with us.

As General Manager it makes me even more proud to know that we have ladies and gentleman that give their genuine best to our guest and that it makes that important difference when choosing hotels.

I am gald to know that you and your Grandmother found your stay to be satisfying as well as spiritual. We couldn't have received a better compliment.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the whole team, especially Abhishek and they are thrilled to receive such positive feedback.

We would love to have you back as our guests in the Blue city of Jodhpur!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My family and I celebrated Father's Day at the hotel and from arrival to departure we were all pampered. A special thank you to the following staff members: Kush who accompanied the driver on our pick up from the other hotel, gave us a tour of the palace and who was there to see us off. Dhruv who went above and beyond trying to open our room door when our kids (9 & 12) double locked it from the inside and promptly feel asleep, locking my husband and I out. And to Chef Rathore who took the kids in the kitchen to make their pancakes. The departure gifts and pastries for the road were also a great touch.

Though my preference is usually the casual elegance/luxury of the Oberoi - the more opulent Umaid Bhawan has to be experienced at least once. Their excellent staff manages to make you feel quite at home amidst its regal, British colonial setting. I highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for sharing your kind words with the fellow travellers. It gives me immense pleasure to know that your stay was pleasant and comfortable and our team took good care of you and your family.

Here at the Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace, we are committed to making your stay a memorable one and I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed the opulence of this palace.

I would certainly love to share your compliments with the whole team as nothing motivates us more than lovely guests like yourself!

Hoping to welcome you back to many more such memorable stays at the Palace.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this awesome property for a couple of days and the experience was amazingly satisfying. The best part was their staff which really took good care of us. Their in room dining was great unlike others with an excellent staff. I must name few of them who really took great care of us like kush, and a special mention for deva raj. ..great work guys...and thanks a lot. ..

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhwan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for writing such a lovely review on your recent stay at the beautiful Palace. I am delighted to know that your had a pleasant and comfortable stay and our team, especially In room dining, presented the best of services for which Taj is known.

At Umaid Bhawan Paalce we believe that it is befitting to be treated like a Maharaja/ Maharani and nothing makes us more happy than to receive compliments for the same from our esteemed guests like yourself.

I have taken the liberty to share your kind words with the whole team and they are thrilled to receive such a wonderful feedback.

Hoping to welcome you back at the Palace very soon!

Usa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

i felt very great visiting there with my family .The rooms and services was awesome and amazing.The best palace in the world ,must do in your life . The service was impeccable so was the food , what sets apart this palace are its lovely people of khamagani culture. cheers !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, June 22, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your recent experience at the palace with the fellow travellers. I am delighted to know that you found your stay and our services impeccable.

We strive to ensure every guest is made to feel like a royalty and we hope you and your family felt no less. It is compliments like yours that keep us motivated to do better than the best always.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the whole team and they are equally happy to know about your trip.

We would love to welcome you back soon to the amazing Palace in the future as well.

Jaipur, India
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,139 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Umaid Bhawan palace has its own grandeur. Divided now in three parts, this palace is used for Royal residence, a five star hotel and a museum displaying the Royal heritage of Jodhpur state. It is constructed with special type of stone called Chhittar, a stone of pinkish brownish yellowish color. That is why this palace is also known as Chhittar Palace. One of the largest palace, having about 350 rooms, a large rotunda and long galleries, this place gives you a royal feeling as soon as you enter here. There is beautiful underground sweeping pool.

We did not stay here, but had lunch. Simply superb. A must visit when in Jodhpur.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RajnishPathak
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, June 10, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for your kind words on your recent visit to the Palace. I am glad that you enjoyed every bit of your stay.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with the whole team and they are equally delighted.

Hope to welcome you once again as our guests at the Palace!