On our tour of Rajasthan we opted to stay here for three nights. Wasn't long enough! never wanted to leave.
Our trip had been planned as a celebration of our joint birthday and for my husband it was one of those significant ones. Staff at the Umaid Bhawan ensured it was truly memorable.
The Palace itself is beautiful with spectacular grounds and gardens and although we have been fortunate enough to stay in a number of beautiful hotels around the world I cant recall any who have matched this hotel for ambience, service and sheer pampering.
Most of the hotels we stayed at in India did some version of a traditional greeting with rose petals, red carpet etc. but here it was followed by some bubbly in the magnificent Dome Room and a photograph for you to keep as a memento.
We were shown to our historic suite which was jaw dropping. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, we had a spacious balcony with comfortable chairs, and a table and chairs for dining if desired. We had a lounge, bedroom with doors onto the balcony, dressing area and very luxurious bathroom with high quality toiletries.
I could go on at length but suffice to say the impeccable service standards never faltered for a minute whilst we were there. Although any palace is bound to be a very formal setting, both staff and management were approachable, friendly and ever helpful which is not always the case in these very grand hotels.
Loved the hampers at the outside pool where again staff could not do enough to ensure guests comfort. Also loved that if you ordered something it always came with some nice touch like, order a drink and it will come with delicious bites to savour.
Food in the restaurants was wonderful, not expensive and again faultless service.
Okay, for India not cheap to stay here but worth it and value for money? Worth every penny.
Cant wait to return and experience some of the other treats we didn't have time for on this visit.
Haven't done Taj hotels before but after this and the Rambagh Palace before we are big fans of the brand. Sincere thanks to all the staff and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace