The look of this 'modern' (built less than 100 years ago) Hotel is very spectacular but I didn't like the feeling. It was so huge it felt haunted. The Art Deco interior & the furnishings that came from London are superb to look at if you are interested in the period but cold & clinical to live in, It looks a wow from the outside & the history is interesting. It is a distance away from the Fort & the bustling market square & set in the valley below - so you don't get the wow factor of staying higher up the hill. The service is stylish & in keeping with the Grand design..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace