My partner and I visited India in March and stayed at five Taj hotels, but this was our clear favourite. None of the other Taj hotels (including The Rambagh Palace in Jaipur and Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur) matched Umaid Bhawan Palace in terms of grandeur or dramatic impact. Our suite at Umaid Bhawan was also more spacious than those at the other hotels; two balconies and a vast marble bathroom with two sinks! We were also impressed by the staff who were gracious, attentive and caring of our needs. One concierge went to great lengths to try to get Air India to refund a fare for a flight it had cancelled without informing us. We are still waiting for the airline to refund this money, but are grateful to this hotel worker for her efforts on our behalf. Would we stay at Umaid Bhawan Palace again? Yes, but this is the only Taj Hotel we would return to. We are normally budget travellers, but decided to upscale our accommodation as a one-off splurge for this holiday. We would return to Umaid Bhawan Palace because the two nights we spent there weren't long enough to explore and soak up the ambience of this magnificent building. We did not eat at any of the restaurants but we did use the in-room dining service, which we couldn't fault. I also swam in the indoor swimming pool which was a sublime experience. Thank you Umaid Bhawan Palace for making our visit to Jodhpur an unforgettable experience. Keep up the excellent work. One day we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace