This palace with its dome is amazing. We all stayed in royal suites which have a great view and are very well decorated.
Most of the service is on the level it should be, but especially in the restaurants and in the bar there a (old) men working, who are not contribute to the high-level standard. Some of them are impolite, they even took our room key to check, if we charged the beverages to the right room. Maybe we were too young for them to stay in royal suites…
Food was in all restaurants okay but not as good as in other hotels on this level. Breakfast menu in the restaurant was on the small side and serving times were too long.
The offered palace tour was nice, but without a real level of information. Additionally, the lady accompanying the tour guide was able to give more and proper information in English than the guide.
Nevertheless, it is a great place which could get even more outstanding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace