After multiple attempts we finally got a reservation for tea at Umaid Bhawan. The staff is naturally pleasant and courteous. Tea was quite simple actually, I would have expected a more lavish spread. Good stuff, though.
Exploring the property was amazing. The indoor heated pool is very nicely done, gardens are gorgeous and the interiors are grand! There were musicians sitting under a marble structure in the middle of a huge lawn, towards late afternoon. That created a fabulous feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, DerbySoftTaj, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace