We stayed at Umaid Bhawan Jodhpur for 2 nights in October 2012. This is one of the most beautiful hotels we have seen. Every part of the hotel is exceptionally beautiful (you should definitely not miss the daily heritage tour). We were upgraded to the historical suite, the room was beautiful, spacious and decorated with a lot of taste. The service at the reception was a bit cold, albeit professional. We honestly expected a higher standard having stayed at the Jai Mahal just before. However, the service at the restaurant was excellent and the food was very good.
It is of course expensive, but definitely worth it at least for one night if you can afford it. You feel that you are staying in a piece of history, absolutely wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace