We were 4 adults and one youth, and had booked 2 rooms. We arrived around 1700 hrs, and first impression was ok, and then we use the water closet and sink in the bathroom... the plumbing system made so many noices that it felt like everything is going to burst. We asked for change of rooms, which was no problem.
But after that it was terrible because of several reasons:
1. Asked for toilet paper roll, which they said they will end to room... it didnt arrive even after asking 5-6 times. Luckily we had some with us, so we made do with it. Asked again around 2100 hrs (several hours later)... and it was still not posisble for them to supply, as someone was out in the market to buy... was the answer.
2. I was supposed to be in the room with my 2 sons, so we had asked for extra bed.. this was a chapter on its own. We requested them to put up the extra bed and balnket ready by the time we got back from city, as we were very tired. When we got back it was not ready, we asked again around 2100 hrs, and several more times until 2230 hrs. Around 2200 hrs, my son was told that it is not so late.. it will be soon. Whne my son said it is his sleeping timem the general manager said "it is not his problem that our sleeping time is so early"... What? will they decide when the guest can go to sleep?
3. It was a very cold day so we had asked for heater, but they did not have nay... but later I saw them give one to an another guest, when pointing out around 2215 hrs, they said, well there was only one, and it has been given away. And neither was it possible to get extra balnkets. So make sure you have woollen clothes, or you will lie there freezing.
4. We went for dinner to their restaurant as we did not want to get back to city. The restaurant had really dirty stained tableclothes with rest of food spots from earlier guests. We ordered food, and got it after ages, but it took ages to get cutlery so that we can actally start eating while the food was warm.
5. Early morning we went for breakfast: the tableclothes with drops and rests and stains from day before were the ones still in use. Few chicken bones were lying on the floor of the restaurant.. probably fallen off when clearing guests dishes day before... which means no cleaning had been undertaken. We ordered food. Asked specifically for bread with butter and NO jam. But after 40 minutes we get our bread and butter already with jam spread on it. While we wait for the right food, a chinese couple sitting behind us had ordered some food... their food got seved to us (which was different to whar we had oredered...so we had to point out and thus it was then transferred to the right table).The waiter did not remember who oredered what... and there were only two tables with guests in the restaurant. In the end the manager comes to the restaurant and informs one of the waiter aloud that he should take care of difficult guests (which were us) personally.. obviously mentioning that we got wrong food, or someone leses food defined us as "Difficult".
6. It seemed like the hotel was run by so few people.. the same people were running around supplying thigs to rooms, were responsible for cleaning, taking order in restaurant, and serving, and also the loose chores... totally around 5-6 people apart from cook and manager. And the staff was very incompetent.
There are several more issues... and the list is long...and yes I got sick with stomach cramps the very afternoon after having lived here for one night.. eating two meals.
Basically... health authorities should check it and close it down. Such a place should not even be offered by tripadvisor!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Royale Plazo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.