“helpful staff, great location and sight”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jodhpur
Discovery Paying Guest House
Ranked #100 of 193 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had a nice room with a splendid view of the fort and an air cooler for 300 rupees, not bad at all, I just had to be in the mood for climbing the 4 steep flights of stairs. The staff was friendly and helpful, a very familial atmosphere. there were no clean sheets or toilet paper, though, and the room could be cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Discovery Paying Guest House

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was recommended here by another traveller. A simple room with no windows for 300 rupees was ok, a little more than I was happy to pay for a box but it was nice enough. They have tried very hard with the paintings and décor of the rooms. Im not sure how clean my sheets were and there was no cover sheet or towel on offer, the room was very hot but had a fan and there was a lot of mosquitos here. The bathroom was of normal standard, it seemed clean.
The owners are a family, I only saw brothers and a father but they were all very nice and helpful, i am a girl traveling alone and didnt have any problems like i read in the last review. The roof top is nice but could do with finishing touches like cushions on chairs, but maybe because its low season and there didn’t seem to be many, if any other people staying there. The food in the restaurant was below standard for me. All in all its nice enough for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arrived here with 2 female friends. I am from New Zealand and the girls are from France. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly. Especially the guy named Khan. After the first night things started to get weirded. He was always around us and when ever the girls were not there he would ask me questions about them if the were single, which one was easy etc etc. I would always laugh it off and try and change the subject.
One me and the girls decided to have a few drinks up starts at the restaurant area but as usual Khan and some of the other staff came up to drink as well. They were starting to get really annoying and crowding us so we decided to go to our room. During that night he came down to our room 4 times and knocked on the door asking the girls to come upstairs and join the party. We eventually just ignored them after that.
Also I should mention his teenage brother was also a pest. He kept touching one of my friends everytime he saw us, grabbing her hand and stroking her hair etc. eventually I had to shove him off and threatened to deck him if he did it again.
The night before we left the the own invited him self into my room and asked me to write a review on trip advisor. He sat on the ground and did want to leave until I wrote a good review. I had to basically force him out.
Overall this is a terrible place to stay run buy money hungry perverts. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank viveknaidu
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a big, two-fans room on second floor, with TV quine-size bed and free fast WIFI. It's close to clock tower, only 5 mins by walking and 15 mins to the fort. The view of roof top restaurant is amazing and the food is too!!! Definitely try when you travel in Jodpur!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank qaz45713
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just back fr India and Nepal , this is one of our guest house that in India, Jodhpur. The owner is very nice and funny, he is so helpful for everything, even the foreign exchange, he help us to make the exchange at night, and the rates is more good then we go the shop outside by ourself.

We recommend this guest house to everyone !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great food, great view of the fort, and great great people. The place has really beautiful decoration, and rooms are confortable and clean. The manager is really lovely and don't doubt for asking anything you need, he will get it! :D

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our room was nice and big and reasonably priced and was very clean. The staff are very friendly and are eager to help. The rooftop view of the fort is the best in Jodhpur and there is a nice restaurant too. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple