“Great hotel”

and 1 more site!
Pal Haveli
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute when our original accommodation we had booked cancelled on us on the last day.

Great hotel with lovely large rooms, clean and 24 hours hot water. Wifi did not work in the rooms but worked well in the reception area. Hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the fort. We ate at the restaurant twice and were happy with the food and the price. Breakfast was also good.

We felt it was slightly expensive for what we got but had no problems while we were there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank innocent26

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Coming from the peace and tranquility of the sister hotel Pal Gar we joined the melee of city centre living in Jodphur! We were lucky to be allocated the owner's Grandfather's old rooms which gave views over a busy crossroads gving us a great opportunity to watch the comings and goings of the community and marvel at how many family members can ride a small motor scooter in harmony! The history of this hotel is all around you to see and the owners are very hospitable and keen to share the family heritage. A must is the roof top restaurant; in the cooler evening air lookng out on the most fabulous Jodphur fort, we enjoyed a delicious meal in very relaxed surroundings. Jodphur itself needs to up pull it's socks in the street cleaning stakes but this hotel is really a super place to stay. The reception staff were really friendly and more than happy to help whenever they could.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is located in a very noisy part of Jodhpur. If your room overlooks the street, it is not possible to sleep (horning, yelling etc.). The food in the restaurant was average (we were served cold pancakes). There is no dustbin in your room. Internet is free of charge, but available only in the inner yard, which is full of mosquitos in the evening.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We loved this Heritage Haveli, so different to anywhere else we have stayed on our three weeks in India. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable. The roof top restaurant was great, amaIng views over the town and up to the fort. Best food we have had in India. While staying there we saw three Hindu wedding parades, great fun to watch. Would recommend to anyone visiting Jodphur.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The place for Jophur! This is a heritage hotel in the centre of the city. Its style is wonderful. The room reminds me of a room for a maharadja. Very clean but i love the style. This is India! Staff is very friendly. But I also love the rooftop restaurant. You have a great great view (also of the fort) and good food. Inside the hotel is also quiet.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

From Melbourne, Australia, and just landed back home, it was my time staying at the most delightful Pal Haveli which has given me the fondest memories. It was the first time ever I travelled on my own..and from the beautiful, caring, friendly, helpful staff... to the stunning surrounds of the incredible Indian heritage architecture, to the warm, homely and striking bedrooms... I couldn't speak more highly of this wonderful hotel. My heart was expanded beyond belief every morning at breakfast and each evening at dinner on the unbelievably beautiful rooftop restaurant..and I made such beautiful connections with so many of the gorgeous staff who waited on me hand and foot: I miss them soo much. I was even blessed to have met the owner of the Pal Haveli..who went out of his way to speak with me at dinner. The staff all told me how much they loved working with him..which speaks volumes for him. I couldn't recommend the Pal Haveli enough and will always stay there when I return to Jodhpur. I have taken hundreds of pictures of the staff and the hotel so that I can always remember, and be grateful, for the splendid time I spent there just recently. I soo miss the sounds, smells and colour of Jodhpur. Thank you everyone at Pal Haveli for making me feel sooo welcome. Miriam

Room Tip: All rooms at the Pal Haveli are five-star: totally stunning - utter luxury.