“Another wonderful and memorable stay here!”

Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Panama City, Panama
“Another wonderful and memorable stay here!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is the third time I have brought my tour group in to stay and never have regretted it. A lovely cloth given to refresh and a nice glass of juice to cool while waiting to be checked in. All set even before our drinks were finished. Rooms are always lovely, in fact I have had the same room three times now too! Large, bright and all necessary needs met with desk, chair, settee to sit in by the windows overlooking the pool. Comfortable bed, t.v., large safe to hold good sized laptop, tea and coffee making and bar fridge. Bathroom meets needs and the shower is great.

There is even an overhead fan if you like that instead of the aircon. Comp water as well.

We had dinner and it was just super! In the mornings the buffet breakfast is perfect with fresh orange juice too. Breakfast starts at 7 a.m. Wifi is not free but I feel very reasonable to have it in your room. There is also an area outside the dining area that you can sit and enjoy your meals...lovely touch.

It is a beautifully appointed hotel, so very regal. Staff are all nice and efficient. The pool is a delight to see from your room and wonderful that they have netting up now that is really hard to see but keeps the pigeons out of this area for us to enjoy it more.

Don't think I need to say that I will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Sir,

It was our pleasure to have your back with us along with your group and thank you for your loyal patronage of Vivanta by Taj – Hari Mahal, Jodhpur.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the lay out and appointments in our room, as also the element of natural light and spaciousness which they have. It is definitely rewarding for us when our guests appreciate the thoughts which have gone into the detailing of the property.

Food is an intrinsic part of any hotel experience, and we are glad to know that you were happy with the food that we served. Thank you for your kind appreciation of my colleagues, who will be delighted to learn that you have appreciated their services.

We also understand your viewpoint with regard to the charges for Wi-Fi services. As these are governed by chain wide applicable policies, we have introduced multiple choice considerations for their convenience presently, and are optimistic that future technology would provide us with a more amicable solution for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back, and please do let me know of any assistance that I may be of personally in future.

With best regards and wishes

Vijay Shrikent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Lovely place - service a bit fussy & over the top but generally very nice. Room was large with a balcony & although we both got twin beds rather than the kingsize rooms we'd booked, the beds were comfortable so it wasn't too much of an issue. Shower was fantastic.

The package we booked came with a half day city tour, which turned out to be 4hrs with a car and a (lovely) driver, so don't expect a guide (as we did) if your booking includes a similar arrangement. This turned out not to be an issue - the audio tour at the Fort is the best I've heard - a charming way to spend the morning.

Breakfast was fine. Dinner was great - there's a "single person Indian tasting menu", which was perfect for me, as it meant I wasn't faced with way too much food, while my friend (who lives in India and was ready for the Western options) enjoyed her fish & chips. The wine we ordered was reasonably priced & perfectly chilled. Waiter could have been slightly more focused, but was pleasant and we got along okay.

Wifi was not free. This always annoys me & I thought I'd checked it before we booked. Having said that, it wasn't too expensive, so I got over it but really - hotels of this standard shouldn't charge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Jodhpur.

I was sorry to learn that we did not provide you with a room of your choice, and we will ensure delivery upon these requirements in future, which are so important in one’s perception of a good stay. Thank you for your generosity of spirit, and I am glad that you liked the room provided, with its balcony feature.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the sightseeing which is part of our package. Thank you for your interesting perspective regarding guide services, which while we don’t include as part of our package, I was pleased to learn you did not feel the necessity of.

Food being an important and intrinsic part of any hotel experience, I was delighted that you were happy with the food in our hotel.

We also understand your viewpoint with regard to the charges for Wi-Fi services. As these are governed by chain wide applicable policies, in deference to the feedback received from our guests we have introduced multiple choice considerations for their convenience presently, and are optimistic that future technology would provide us with a more amicable solution for our guests.

Thank you for your visit and we look forward to being of service to you at our other hotels across the chain.

Please do let me know of any assistance that I may be of personally in future.

With best wishes and regards

singapore
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Taj. I liked the rooms. They were large, nicely furnished, clean and comfortable. Breakfast wad a nice spread and the staff were friendly. We ate at the Chinese restaurant one night and the only thing I liked was the garlic rice. The rest of the dishes tasted and looked the same. They must have used the same sauce for everything.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lolikia
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking out time to post this review. I am delighted to know that you liked the grandness of the hotel, its spaciousness and the breakfast buffet spread. I have also noted your views on the taste of the Chinese dishes. I shall share this with my executive chef and shall take appropriate steps to address it. I sincerely appreciate such feedbacks as it is because of them that we continuously improve.

With warm regards
New Delhi
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We are loyal Taj visitors usually prefer to stay at Taj hotels across whenever we travel. This time around our expectation was not let down.
We stayed for 2 nights in Feb 2014. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a pool view room. Very nice courtesy!
Ambica at the front desk was really friendly and helpful to us. She helped with all the places to eat etc. We had dinner at the Italian coutyard resturant here and Sandeep was the server who made sure we enjoy every moment spent there.
The guest relations manager - Mr. Chawla is also very hospitable.

Temperature controlled pool would have been nice along with complimentary WiFi.

Overall wonderful stay and no complaints.

Will surely go and stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Sir,

I am very delighted to know that we did not let done the legacy of Taj hospitality and were able to reinforce your faith in us. It is rejoicing to see the names of our associates who made it possible too. I shall proudly share this with them and also with other colleagues who have been their support from the back areas.

Look forward for your continued patronage with Taj hotels.

Best regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had always heard of the Taj hospitality, this was the first time we experience it ourselves! We stayed here for 3 nights and each moment was made memorable by the amazing food and immaculate service. We even got a tour of the 'restricted' areas to see how a hotel actually functions and we were truly amazed by the level of detail in the processes they follow to make our stay comfortable. The hotel has wide corridors aesthetically designed in the form of a palace. The rooms are big and clean and make you feel like a king with antique furniture. The buffet was breakfast and dinner was not the biggest in terms of spread but the taste and quality made up for the quantity. I have become a fan of Taj hospitality with the very first experience and I hope to come back to Hari Mahal sooner!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Sir,

Today's youth is the future of the country and for that matter travel too. I am so delighted to know that we could come upto the expectations of your travellers like you. It is so encouraging to know that you have taken back fond memories from your very first experience of Taj hotels. Thank you for appreciating the food, and ambience of our hotel. It is so nice to know that you were given access to our restricted areas and you could notice and appreciate the detailing that we do in the back areas for the comforts of our guests.

Thank you again and I shall look forward for your next stay with us. Pls be in touch at gm.harimahal@tajhotels.com.

With warm regards
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here very much. We decided to eat one evening on the terrace where they had set up an Italian restaurant the food was good and the service excellent. The hotel also had an evening where local entertainers came in and set up around the pool area, don't miss the magician he was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank humphtj5
Dear Madam,

It is such a pleasure to see reviews where we find our guests being able to find the value for the money they have spent and that we are able make their visit memorable. I am happy to know that you liked the food and the evening entertainment. We have organised this evening entertainment for our guests so that they may not have to go out to look for it. It is a daily feature with local music and dance.

Look forward for more opportunities to be of service to you in any of the Taj hotels.

Best regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel is like a tiny little palace with arches and small fountains. It is a neat, sunlit airy property. The service is prompt, checkin smooth, beds comfortable, rooms are big neat and very clean. The food is not much to write home about but the breakfast spread is quite good. The outdoor seating option is nice for early morning breakfast. The power points are not numerous and you may not find them next to your bed either. Distance from the main attractions is not too much. You should reach the clock tower market in under ten minutes.

The ambiance is old worldly in a very nice cozy way. The place is calm and quiet at all times during the day which is very nice. The property is also netted to prevent birds from crapping in the pool/other areas.

Loved it. Impeccable service and quality like all other Taj hotels. A very very comfortable stay for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Madam,

Thank you for this beautiful composition of the zest of your experience with us during your recent visit to Jodhpur. I am so delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us are appreciative of the overall look of the hotel, large rooms, beds and that we have stretched net all across the large pool area for the comforts of our guests. I am sure this will help new travellers to take easy decision and encourage the associates here to continue their journey of excellence in hospitality.

Thank you again and wish you a great year ahead
Vijay Shrikent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jodhpur
Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
WelcomHotel Jodhpur- Member ITC's hotel group
The Ummed Jodhpur
The Ummed Jodhpur
#15 of 95 in Jodhpur

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur? Share your experiences!