“Excellent stay & service”

Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
New Delhi, India
“Excellent stay & service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent place to stay with good hospitality! Location of the hotel is best being away only about 6-7 kms from the airstrip. Good time pass at the recreation room which is stocked with a home theatre compiled with a range of DVD's / VCD's, pool table, carrom, toys for kids etc. Only limitation is free wi-fi in the rooms or lobby. Buffet meals were good but there was a limitation in the spread. Full marks for the staff for being able to provide best of services to its customers...

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool !!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting such a positive review about your experience with us, illustrated with exceptionally well taken pictures of the Hotel.

I am happy that you have used and liked some of our facilities meant for our junior guests. You will also be happy to know that we have been rewarded as one of the best family friendly hotel in India. Thank you for mentioning about our associates, they have been our biggest strength. I have also noted your views on the buffet spread, I shall work with the Executive Chef towards its improvement.

Best Wishes
Vilaas Humbre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good centrally located hotel; standard Taj Hotel, only challenge in all Taj Hotels is no free -wifi, with excuses about security.
interesting shops within the hotel with excellent selection - though have to be aware of pricing
staff and concierge service

Room Tip: Garden or pool facing
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for feeding this brief review about the hotel. I am happy that you liked our associates, shop and the location of the Hotel.

We will look forward for your continued patronage.

With wam regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went there for a family vacation along with my parents and we also had 2 kids (aged 1 and 2.5 yrs) in our group. My experienced started with Dharam in reservations. I got clear and accurate answers to my queries and we reserved 3 rooms and Airport pickup (paid). I also requested a disabled friendly room and wheelchair assistance, which was promptly confirmed.
The airport is about 10-15 mins from the hotel. We had booked one Innova but were sent two sedan class, very well maintained cars for the pickup and they were lot more comfortable than I expected.

The check-in was fast and we were allotted rooms as per our preference on the ground floor including disabled friendly room for my parents. The rooms are big and well maintained. Our rooms included 2 big inbuilt closets where we emptied all our stuff and it still had lot of space. The bathroom was of decent size with a bathtub including shower and good quality bath amenities. The minibar had lot of items including soft, hard drinks and snacks.

The hotel overall is very well maintained with lot of majestic paintings in the rooms and corridors. They also have a store which sells ethnic and traditional art pieces. Their collection is really good.The staff was well behaved and greeted us every time we passed them.

Our package included b'fast and one meal. I must complement the staff at the restaurant as they were extremely courteous and helpful. They never frowned on any of our demands and serviced us with a broad smile. Our request for packing few eatables for our kids was fulfilled without a fuss. They even sent some yummy walnut cake to our room as soon as they came to know that we liked it a lot in the buffet.

During check-in I was told that they will send us a welcome note with details of facilities but somehow they missed it. I found out the recreational centre by chance (it’s on the 3rd floor, just as you exit the elevators). I must admit that I have never seen a better equipped indoor recreational centre even in some to the top hotels. It has a pool table, Carrom board, chess, table soccer, a small room for small kids with stuffed toys, slide, car, balls etc. The recreational centre also has a mini theater with a large collection of movies to cater to different interests. Apart from these there are lots of games for kids including colors for painting. The centre is very well maintained.

The swimming pool is big, well maintained in terms of cleanliness, water temperature, towels and attendants. I important point I wish to mention here is that they have erected net above the open pool area in a manner that pigeons are unable to come down and spoil the pool area. I had read in many reviews of other hotels in Jodhpur regarding this pigeon menace. I did not expect this simple solution, employed by Vivanta, would work so well. They also organize evening entertainment activities including a puppet show, magic show, folk songs and folk dance.

We had a wonderful stay and regret that I do not remember names of some the staff members who served us really well. One even went out to get the battery for my father's sugar testing machine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amit_Attry
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Its a pleasure to be reviewed in such a detail. I sincerely appreciate you for taking out time a patiently detailing your experience. I am sure this will be extremely helpful for new travellers in taking critical decisions.

Thank you for noticing that we have stretched a net all around the huge pool area to stop birds from coming near to our guest areas.

"People" has been the biggest strength of Taj Hotels for giving such innumerable memorable experiences all around our Hotels in the country. I am so happy to go through this review and will surely share with all associates so that they get further motivated and continue the journey of excellence.

With warm regards
Burradoo, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Vivanta isn't as luxurious as the normal Taj Hotels. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable, however they are a little tired.

I was also a little disappointed with the breakfasts don't get me wrong there was a huge selection however the quality wasn't quite there however I've been spoilt by the Taj's Palaces which are amazing and I really shouldn't compare.

The pool is wonderful and I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Its so nice to be reviewed by a person, like your good self, who has travel around the world. Thank you so much for appreciating our associates working in the hotel. I have also noted your concens and shall sincerely work towards correcting them.

I am happy that you would want to return and stay with us again in future. I shall look forward for your visit.

With warm regards
Oxenhope, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have just spent two days in the hotel midway through our mini tour of India. On arrival at the hotel, where our travel company had booked us a garden view room, we were shown to a very very poor room with fading decor and a view of a hedge!! It was clear that the hotel had very few guests staying so we immediately complained about the room and asked why we had been allocated such a poor room. To be fair to the duty manager, we were immediately shown two alternative rooms and ended up in a delightful room overlooking the pool which was light, airy and clearly renovated, although I hasten to add we were neither expecting or demanding a room with a pool view as we would have been perfectly happy with a decent garden view room in a state of good repair. I tried to explain to a number of the managers in the hotel that first impressions count, I have no idea whether they understood my point?

On the plus side, it is a beautiful hotel with huge sweeping corridors, a light and airy reception area and a fabulous pool. Rooms are spacious and staff were extremely helpful at every level. Food in the Indian Restaurant was excellent but it seems rather strange to be staying in a top end hotel that has a large TV on in the background of the restaurant and a buffet dinner that dominates the room. Interestingly the bar area also has a large screen TV. We ate in the Chinese restaurant on the second night however, although the service was very attentive, the food was disappointing and not near the standard in the Indian restaurant......no TV though.

All in all, and after a few days to consider my views on the hotel following our first impression, I would certainly go back and hope the hotel have reviewed their policy on the allocation of rooms when hugely under occupied. FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT, show your hotel off in the best light, it is a lovely building.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken A
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time in typing this positive review. The associates working here with me have always made me proud by going out of their way to assist our guests in building fond memories.

I sincerely appreciate your advise on how we can build the first impression on our guests and how important it is. I have also spoken about this perspective to the concerned managers and associates for the required improvement.

With Warm Regards
Ghaziabad
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Excellent staff who definitely hold the Taj brand so high in almost every aspect. Be it the staff at the restuarant or at the front office or the support staff at the pool etc - everyone was always around to help you around and make your stay comfortable. Infact the day we arrived we left one of our handbags in the aircraft and as soon as we told Mr.Lokender (who was at the front desk) - he immediately made atleast 6 differents calls to get to the Jet Airways office at the airport. He swiftly arranged for a car to the airport so that I could fetch the hand bag. I couldnt have imagined this kind of support at other hotels! And then there was Mrs.Reena who helped us plan our day trip to Ajmer! She went out of the way to check on the distance and travel time to Ajmer!! and as we came back in the evening, she was swift to check if the road trip was good...basic courtesies but then makes you feel good. The hotel prooperty itself is not massive, it is just at a stones throw from the airport, and is neatly tucked in. Rooms are nice, and spacious - the balcony was sorely missed. There are selected rooms with a balcony, though i felt that a Taj could do with balconies! The pool is decent, and the hotel has a spa too. nothing too exotic about the spa but then a spa on a holiday is always welcome. It allows you to for a little massage and de-stress. The hotel also has a recreation room, with pool table, a kids room for the toddlers, and an theatre room for watching movies. The seat alignment in the room could be better - they definitely need to pu the chairs on steps because those sitting in the second row can't watch the movie!:O The food at the restuarant is good, and the foks helpful. The food (I think) has been modified a little bit to the suite the International traveler. Overall, our stay was very nice and probably made more comfortable because of the staff and their attitude, than the luxuriousness or the largeness of the property itself.

Room Tip: try the room with a balcony. The other rooms would leave you totally inside the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

It gives me such a pleasure and sense of pride when I go through such a positive review where our associates who are our biggest strength contribure exceptionally for a memorable experience. I am so happy to note that two of our associates went out of their way to provide services to you. I will surely share this will all our associates especially Lokendra and Reena.

Thank you for taking out time to type this review and I shall look forward for your future visists. These act as feul to our motivation and commitment towards excellence and guest satisfaction.

With best wishes
Paris, France
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a Palace style, and decorated with antique style; Huge rooms, giant beds, great bathroom.
A real swimming pool, long, and with jaccuzzi area. Did not try the gym & spa, but they look really good as well.
The multi-cuisine restaurant is serving alright food; the chinese restaurant would need a make-over.
Always great personnel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for such a precise and positive review on your recent stay with us. We are fortunate to offer such big rooms, giant beds and the large swimming pool (as you mentioned too) to our guests. I am very happy to note that you found our associates impressive too. I have also noted your advise on the make over of our chinese restaurant which we shall surely take in cognizance in our future plans.

With best regards