Mohanlal Verhomal Spices (MV SPICES)
Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Mohanlal Verhomal Spices (MV SPICES)
1,014 results
All reviews spice shop spice girls masala buy spices seven sisters chai darjeeling tea late father lonely planet indian spices tiny shop spice mix family business recipe book her sister wonderful shop clock tower
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stumbled across MV Spices and were very glad we did. Nikki now runs the shop along with her sisters after her father died and they provide all of the spices one would require with advice on recipes and how the spices can be best used. At no point did we feel pressurised to buy any spices and when we said we wanted to have a cooking lesson, we were asked how much we wanted to pay. The cooking lesson we had from Nikki's sister (who is also excellent English speaking) ran through 4 dishes and we got involved in the prepartion of all the dishes. I can honestly say that the food was some of the best I have ever eaten (we spent 3 weeks all over India) and we are keen to replicate these dishes at home. It was really nice to be in a typical environment (all the cooking was done at the family house). I would highly recommend both the spices (very high quality - beware of other shops selling inferior spices) and more so the cooking lesson. This was certainly a highlight of our trip through Rajasthan.

Date of experience: December 2012
1  Thank edster1973
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A great place to buy Indian spices in Jodhpur! Service was awesome and they had an incredible variety of spices. Definitely worth a visit! :)

Date of experience: October 2012
1  Thank slowtraveler_br
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I visited MV Spices in September last year and brought home to Australia a range of their spices and teas. No trouble getting them through customs. The very best quality spices and tea I have had. Great gifts to bring back for family and friends who have enjoyed them very much. The lovely staff at the shop spend time explaining their products and the family history. Great to see sisters running their father's business. Best wishes to the sisters for future success. I will definitely go back to the shop if I am back in Jodhpur.

Date of experience: September 2012
2  Thank Penny I
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you like spices you have to visit MV shop! You will find there the best spices with the best qualities. Kavita, Mohanlal's daughter, will show you different kinds of spices and tea and the way to use it. She is very competent and will advise you according to you taste. As you came back home her spices will remind you the flawor of India.

Date of experience: October 2012
1  Thank maguarni
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My sister and I visited and also had cooking lessons here. The staff were very friendly and eager to please. They were extremely knowledgeable and also very interesting. Amazing story and amazing people. Great English so very easy to communicate with. Highly recommended. A must visit in Jodhpur.

1  Thank McCBen