“WATCH OUT FOR THE ROOF SIGN” 5 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WATCH OUT FOR THE ROOF SIGN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

It has been some time since I was in Jodhpur and I must say a visit to this place is a MUST!! Mahesh and Manish remembered me and it was such a warm welcome I received. I made my way there having spotted their colourful sign on their rooftop to discover that there are more lovely items than I recollected; such a variety of silk and woolen shawls and scarves; many fabric items as well as ipaintings, jewellery and silver antiques. I was so enthusiastic I really bought more than I could carry but Manish suggested I have it freighted and delivered to my home address!! It was wonderful, otherwise I would have been overweight with my baggage allowance! So, you really must see this cornucopia of splendour.

5 Thank Lucy J

Maastricht
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quality and craftmanship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

A beautifull shop with friendly and skilled staff !!! Beautifull antique items with honest advice !!
We bought several items and they arranged the shipping to Holland. They arrived in exellent condition !! We also bought some bedspreads en some unique pashmina's !! We travel a lot in India but this is the best shop in Rajastan !!

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Chrit V
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Real Treasure Trove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been visiting Jodhpur for many years and a visit to Ganesh Handicrafts is always high on my list of things to do. Such a variety of beautiful items - fabrics, pashminas, bedcovers, tablecloths, cushion covers, jewellery, paintings and much much more. Mahesh and Manish extend a warm welcome and are extremely helpful but there is never any pressure to buy - so refreshing. The prices are also very reasonable. I urge travellers to pop their heads in the door - they won't be sorry.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Mary G
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A relaxing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Patient and friendly staff. I was happy with my purchase and the staff seemed happy to recommend other shops when they couldn't help me with one item on my shopping list.

9 Thank starl1ght
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful shawls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice friendly staff who are not pushy. We went there to check things out and they took their time showing us just about everything in the shop. We took lots of notes and told them we were off to Jaiselmer for three days but would come back after that. They weren't upset and when we returned they asked us how our trip was. Over a cup of masala chai they showed us the shawls which was what we wanted to buy. Good prices - we had shopped around.

10 Thank Janice C