“conveniently located with beautiful views”
Review of Pushp Guest House

and 1 more site!
Pushp Guest House
Ranked #13 of 192 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Situated right by the fort and with views of the city and the click tower, this guest house is a nice choice if you want a no hassle stay in Jodhpur.
Clean rooms, wonderful rooftop, good breakfast options, helpful staff and owner.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

After reading the rave reviews of this place and due to locality I booked it for a day's stay which I have reserved for shopping in jodhpur. I don't like last minutes surprises with family, I did an advance booking on it's website.
We took an auto to reach this place but it's in a lane where even auto can't go. Once we reached there.. They made us sit there and tried to give us a room at another guest house which was across the street. After I resisted, They gave us a room in their guest house itself but after settling in I found that Hot water geyser wasn't working and lock of bathroom was jammed. After I complaint they told me that all other rooms are booked and I have to shift to that other guest house and it's belong to them only. The room in that guest house was small but I had no other option. They just wanted to get rid of us.

On checkout the other guest house's owner asked me to pay his room rent which was less which I had already paid in advance to pushp guest house. I went to them to ask for the difference but they told me it's one and the same. I had no choice other then to leave the place with my family with a bad taste.
They are only try to maximize their profit but denying even advance booking for less days and prefer foreigners.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank naveenkumarverma
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overall, my husband and I both enjoyed our stay in this classic, renovated family home in the Blue City. Our room on the second floor was good-value with a comfortable bed with top and bottom sheet, soft pillows, fan/AC, reliable WiFi, attached bath with hot water and towels provided, and a nicely painted room with murals. The guest house is surprisingly quiet, considering the convenient location on the back alleys of the old city. We had dinner at the cozy rooftop restaurant on two different occasions and both meals were delicious. Views from the restaurant are top notch – at night there is nothing quite like looking up and seeing the Mehrangarh fort twinkling with lights.

The guest house was very helpful in arranging an early morning rickshaw (4:45 am!) so that we could get to the train station in time for an early morning trip. Staff at the guest house walked us to meet with the driver, as rickshaws are not able to navigate some of the small alleys near PushP.

Note: While the guest house is difficult to find, it is well signposted. Also, the alley leading up to Pushp is filled with garbage and does not make a good first impression; however, once inside Pushp the atmosphere is very tidy, bright and cheery.

I would have given PushP five stars except for an unusual situation that created us unnecessary inconvenience. We booked a double room for three nights in advance over email. However, on the second night we were there, we were told we would have to change rooms the next morning. The explanation provided was that another couple had booked over the Internet and had already paid, and that we were going to have to move to a different, less expensive room with a non-attached bath. Since the new room would not be cleaned for several hours after the last guests had checked out, we were asked to pack up our bags and put them in storage while waiting for the new room. The next morning, we were up at 6:30 am and saw several staff members over the next few hours; but it was not until 10 am when we were moving our packed bags out of the room, that the staff informed us that the new guests had not shown up and we could stay in our current room. What a waste of our time!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had a great time here, weather was lousy so spent more time than we would of liked in our room, but that didn't matter as it was so homely and lovely.

The family are really kind and the Nepalese boys make the best Chai in India, honestly if you can't get a room just come a drink chai in the rooftop restaurant as it is delicous.

It was an absolute bargain at 300r for a fan room, absolutely huge bathroom and the cleanest room in Asia, never mind India!

Room Tip: Fan room had a really powerful fan so air-con isn't a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peefer11
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My friend and I booked this guest house through booking.com when we arrived they did not realise until we had unpacked that we were actually in the wrong room type (we had booked a cheaper option) however they were lovely enough to let us stay in there for the same price! The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were really sweet with a great rooftop terrace which was brilliant for photo's all times of the day! It is tucked away up the back streets but that means less noise which is definitely a plus when staying in India! They also have a pet dog which is beautiful, well looked after and very friendly! We only stayed for one night but it was a lovely guest house!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We arrived at Pushp late evening, exhausted and starving and after a long train ride. We found exactly what we needed - or more! The kitchen was already closed, but they managed to cook for us and it was delicious. No need for paperworkThe family that runs the guest house as well as the whole staff have been incredibly helpful, sweet and welcoming. Although we've had many positive experiences with family run guest houses in India, this was something special. If you consider the extremely affordable rates they offer, the sweet and very clean rooms, top notch wifi, service and, nonetheless, magnificent rooftop, then there's only positive. Just think a minute how much this costs.... You don't want to leave.

Room Tip: pick a room on the upper floors. ours was 600, with a little window and view on the fort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I arrived to Pushp around 11pm one evening and went straight to bed. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well all night and in the early morning I had to go to hospital as I had a very high fever. Nikhil, the owner of the guesthouse, arranged for me to get to hospital and made sure there was someone with me in the emergency department. I was admitted to hospital for 3 days and during this time, Nikhil and his friends stayed with me and bought me everything I needed; fresh homemade food, water, towels etc. He was a blessing in translating and making sure my concerns were addressed. Only at the end I realised Nikhil had paid for my hospital fees and medications (they needed to be paid upfront and I was too sick to sort it out). After I left hospital, I stayed one more night at Pushp and only ate here as I was a bit worried after being so sick. The food was all freshly prepared, hygienic and tasty.

Nikhil went so far out of his way to help me out, I am so indebted to him. He didn't expect anything in return for helping me, he is just a genuine man who cares for his guests like they are his own family.

Thanks again, Laura from Australia