“Much better than expected”
Review of Takhat Vilas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jodhpur
Takhat Vilas
Ranked #120 of 192 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
New Delhi
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a long dream of visiting Jodhpur, which finally happened this month. Had a great trip.
I had been looking for a good comfortable hotel for my stay. I came to know of Takhat Vilas through google. Did a little of research and found it good. Though I got a little scared after reading the previous reviews. The reservations guy Mr Manish conveyed that the hotel management has changed hands and I wont find any of the previous complaints.
I am happy I chose to stay at Takhat Vilas. The Hotel was very clean and well maintained. The rooms are small but comfortable enough. It felt that the new team is putting in good effort to take care of the guests.
I will surely recommend the hotel to my near and dear ones.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rooms smelt a bit funky and the place had no wifi AT ALL!! But the helpful staff let us use their computer behind the main desk which was nice. If we'd stayed any longer than one night in Jodhpur I think this place would have been a two star, but as it is... Three!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel B
Jaipur, India
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to this place on the recommendation of a travel agency from Delhi. As it was only for one night and I was checking in at 8.00am, I did stay here, but I was intending on staying in Jodhpur for two nights and extended for one more night.

Plus point: it's within walking distance of the Railway station as well bus stand.

Stayed February 2012.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita_Panwar
Lucknow
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A nice & cool place to stay. I stayed in the hotel in end July for 2N's/3D's with my family. the best part of the hotel is the front terrace with antique umbrellas & table chair sets. the route from jaisalmer to jodhpur was just amazing with dears all around . from outside it look like haveli and resort however as you enter inside you see antique furniture, people sitting in restaurant with music playing the food was nice, infect i liked their menu. Room and hotel was clean and we had a great view. staff were ok. I still remember sitting with my family in front terrace. we went for a vidit to the jodhpur fort, umed bhawan palace is around 3 km visited in morning. if you are looking for a quite and a place you and your spouse could be all alone .... kaylana lake is the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hitesh_lko
Surat, India
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Checked in late in the hotel and it was not clean at all and very noisy. In the morning no water. Called several times and no body answered and manager(said) was sleeping and did not bother to take care. Later on went personally and asked for water and started looking. There was no way we can have water when we looked and so had to check out in sleeping clothes. Asked for compensation and it is been worst experience ever in life.When we refused to pay total amount due to service which was only 20% less and he called goons and did not allow our vehicle to move. Will never ever recommend to anyone and if possible I will take away license too.

Room Tip: Make sure about water and other services specially in Rajasthan as most hotel owners do not deliver...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Jodhpur hotels

Helmond-Netherlands
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spend 2 nights with my group in this hotel.
We were transferred to the "new building"but this was not a succes.
The hotel in to close to the railroad and the trains horn DAY an NIGHT.
In the streets there are many barking dogs ALL night long.
The restaurant was very poorly equiped and not clean.
Nobody seemed to bother about cleaning the tables from the past meals.
In the morning they had only coffee, tea and toast with an egg for breakfast. The menue mentioned a lot of other things but it was simply not available.
The staff speaks very bad English and we had to work often with hands and feet and still got the wrong orders.
Not again.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jodhpur, India
Reviewed December 6, 2012

takhat vilas is good for accommodation ,restaurant is not operation arrange cuisine from outside , staff behave is helpful, ambience and cleanness is perfect,wi-fi is working speedly without cost,running hot and cold water 24 hrs.

Room Tip: always choose takhat vilas if you travel to jodhpur
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo