“A Must Visit- Otherwise You have Missed Something Unique”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #5 of 73 Shopping in Jodhpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-operated spice shop that offers daily cooking classes, featuring homemade recipes and spice mixes that showcase the cuisines of India. Become part of our family while you learn about Indian food, traditions, and culture.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made a note from Trip advisor about Spice Paradise and went looking for it.

It's located in the old part of the City and you need to take a Tuk Tuk to reach there.

Its owners Anil and Rekha truly symbolize the warmth of the Jodhpur residents.

Now for the surprise- Both Anil and Rekha actually teach you to cook some of the finest Rajasthani dishes and you are a part of the cooking process.

My wife cooked there are brought back a meal that was so delicious that it's the best I have ever had. !!!!!

Wow- My wife had a session of about 3 hours and it's something that she can never forget. She now cooks the kind of Rajasthani food and in particular the Rajasthini Masala Tea at our home.

Anil and Rekha have a great stock of all the finest spices and I am sure no one will leave without buying some of these fantastic spices.

Honestly- My wife brought back about 4 kilos of Sipces from them.!!!!

It's a MUST VISIT place

Harshad J Contractor

1  Thank Harshad9493
There are newer reviews for Spice Paradise

Reviewed January 19, 2014

A fantastic cooking class by rekha! Hearing about the history and creation of spice paradise was heartwarming and inspirational. Cooking and eating was educational and belly filling. A fun class, not to be missed.

2  Thank Beth F
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had an evening cooking lesson at Spice Paradise, it was one of our most memorable experiences on our 2 week trip. It was lovely to hear about the development of the shop and cooking lessons and to learn the techniques. I have cooked some of the meals since I came home and all of my friends and family have enjoyed them a lot. Thank you!!

1  Thank Kate A
Reviewed January 16, 2014

One of the highlights of our India trip for sure. Best part of the whole cooking class was getting a real window into the family life of Rekha and Anil, Anil's mother, and their children. Was truly inspirational to hear Rekha's story of how she built up the cooking class against societal standards for women and is continuing to make a great success out of it. Her recipes are great, in particular their Chai was the best we had in the India, and the Saffron Lassis were potentially THE culinary highlight of our whole trip. This class is too reasonably priced (we would have paid double!). Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Earlier this month, my husband and I had the pleasure of attending a cooking class with the lovely couple who run Spice Paradise in Jodhpur. So easy to find, this was an evening never to be forgotten. The instruction was clear and the class participation was so much fun, thank you for this wonderful evening of learning and entertainment! It was a bonus to be able to purchase certain spices that we used in the recipes. Book ahead of time.