“A must do”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #7 of 76 Shopping in Jodhpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-operated spice shop that offers daily cooking classes, featuring homemade recipes and spice mixes that showcase the cuisines of India. Become part of our family while you learn about Indian food, traditions, and culture.
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Whether on not you are into cookery courses you should give this a try,.Basically you are invited into Reka's home for some hours ( four when we were there) to cook, eat,learn about spices and a liittle of their relevance to Ayverdic medecine. (And yes we are to try and repeat some of the recipes at home !) But that does not really get across the warm and relaxed nature of the experience arising out of your interaction with Reka and her family. And the cost ( a thousand rupees per person) is very reasonable indeed

All reviews
"learn how"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Recommend it to all!!

Had such a great time, everyone was able to get involved and get really stuck in chopping and cooking. Everyone gets their our own menu packs to take away and we were walked through each dish step-by-step by Rekah over the 3 hour class (and the time flies by!) whilst eating and sampling every dish we made.. we all left very full!

Felt very welcome even though you are in the family house. Rekah's husband was popping in and out to inform us of how some of the special recipe's came about etc.

We finished the class with Chai and Rekah explaining her story and how Spice Paradise came about and it was so lovely to hear. I'm glad that by being there and also recommending it to you she can continue to do what she loves and grow Spice Paradise to bigger and better things!

Can't wait to have our own Indian night now we're home with all the tips and tricks we learnt :)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thank you Rekah for sharing your knowledge of spices and cooking in your home kitchen. It was a wonderful experience, after a tout trying to con me into a class at a pretend Spice Paradise I am so glad I managed to find you. Big thanks to your husband for picking me up from my hotel & delivering me back safely on his motorbike, you are both kind & genuine. Can't wait to try making the Chai when back in Australia.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the most wonderful place to learn how to cook basic Indian recipes in gourmet ways! Don't eat dinner before you take this wonderful 4 1/2 hour class! You will not only learn the rudiments of how to cook the best Indian dishes, you will have the opportunity of walking away with a set of recipes that you have prepared yourself! Rekha is such a patient, joyful teacher! She teaches you a little bit about ayurvedic medicine as she leads you through easy preparation of at least eight different dishes. You may THINK you've had biyani rice at the best Indian restaurant before you eat the dish you prepared in her class, but you haven't. Hers really is a stupendous meal in and of itself. And that is only the beginning! Just wait until you try the desserts!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After days of exploring forts and wandering around more touristic attractions of India, this cooking class was a personal experience I'll never forget. I arranged for a one-on-one class with Rekha, who invited me into her home and patiently and carefully taught me not only about cooking, but about ayurvedic medicine. The kindness and caring that I was shown during this experience (in addition to this class, Rekha cared for me when I became ill during the same trip) was incredible. Thank you!