“Spice Paradise is indeed a foodie's paradise”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #5 of 69 Shopping in Jodhpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-operated spice shop that offers daily cooking classes, featuring homemade recipes and spice mixes that showcase the cuisines of India. Become part of our family while you learn about Indian food, traditions, and culture.
Lexington, KY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Spice Paradise is indeed a foodie's paradise”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked a cooking class at Spice Paradise after reading about it on TripAdvisor eventhough our tour guide in Jodhpur had "supposedly" not heard of it, which is another story in itself. The reviews are all correct, this is a wonderful place to visit when you're in Jodhpur. Four of us took an evening class with two charming girls from Australia and the six of us had an amazing experience. Yes, it is not a your stainless-steel counter, high tech kitchen, but that's part of the charm. To be with Reika and her family in their home is an integral part of what makes this class so special. Reika is a great teacher, passionate about cooking AND sharing that passion with others. Do heed her advice to come hungry. Besides extremely full bellies, we came away from our class with wondeful recipes, an arm load of spices (the masala chai was the best we had in India), and memories to last a lifetime. Now if they could only get their website up and running, we'd order more of these incredible spices.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank fabfour23

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Varese, Italy
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“A spice shop with turistic stuff”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've visited this shop and I found some overpriced good stuff. The pros are that you can taste a variety of teas and you have waiters probably talking your language. The cons are that the stuff is much turistic and overpriced. I bought some teas there and I don't regret it as they tasted very good.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Franz_Zena
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best experience in India”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I couldn't agree more with all of the amazing reviews that people continue to give Spice Paradise, Reika and her husband. We actually extended our stay in Jodphur to attend a 2nd class at Spice Paradise the next day as we enjoyed so much!

After travelling around India, North and South for over a month we experienced plenty, ate lots of food and met many people. By far 'Spice Paradise' was our highlight and also the spices and recipes were our most treasured possessions when we arrived home. We managed to easily bring back the ground spices into Australia with no troubles with customers. The chai masala is just as delightful at home as it was in Reika's home. We learnt a lot in the lessons and it was nice to be able to actually participate in the cooking and feel very welcome in the group.

What more to say, food was amazing, refreshing to meet such beautiful warm people, our Indian trip would've had a massive void if we didn't visit Spice Paradise, we are so glad we did!

Melinda :-)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank lushdays
Malmo, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“11,5 kilo spices!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a wonderful smell of India when I opened up my parcel with teas and spices from Spice Paradise. So fresh and wonderfully packed. It got to Europe, Sweden within a week and will last for quite a while! Thank you lovely Rekha and Anil!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ingerbo
Scotland, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“what a great experience!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I forced my husband to attend this with me " I'm not spending a night at a boring cookery class" and I was absolutely adamant we would do it. He Loved it ! he thought it was brilliant! This is not a gleaming surfaces professional set up, but a family home at the back of a shop. We were lucky as there were6 other people in attendance- the most the Sharmas had taught. our group gelled very well together and it was great fun. It was an insightful experience about being an Indian woman and striving for your family. Anil and Rekha( apologies if the spelling is wrong) were a delight and it was very touching to be welcomed in to their home- oh incidentally, the food was wonderful and we were all stuffed!- this has just inspired me to make a masala chai! Go,with no preconceptions, you will be glad you did!

Visited February 2013