“very nice hotel!!”

Ranked #22 of 190 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Toyama, Japan
“very nice hotel!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

i stayed here for 5 days.the employees were very friendly and kindly.
the location is also very nice!!near the fort and the clock tower.
you should stay here, when you come to Jodhpur!!

Room Tip: you should avoid the busy season. if you go to the hotel at the time, you may not get good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Takeshi_12

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Groningen
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The owner of the guest house and her sister make you feel at home; they are fantastic. We really regret that we could only stay for 2 nights. The rooms are clean, the food is very tasty and the view from the restaurant is beautiful (especially when it's dark).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leonie T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I love this place. A friendly family who truly make you feel a part of their home. If you want, you can enjoy their company and feel as though you are doing a homestay, but you can also enjoy the balcony in your own space. Honestly can't reccommend it highly enough. Views of the city are breathtaking, and the food is delicious. Go go go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Edward L
U.S.
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Decent rooms at a superb rate make this a must stop for budget travelers. But the family that runs the place is what makes it one of my favorite places in India. Simply fantastic people. Friendly, non- begging children all around. I was even invited to play in the family cricket match, a weekly Sunday event held in the street out front.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cleg2
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My recommendation to the lovely lady owner of Hill View Guest House to get more business in her fantastic restaurant is to create a separate listing for the Guest House and for the Restaurant. Because we only visited the restaurant (but wished to have stayed in the guest house as well) and thinks it deserves more profile in the restaurant section of TripAdvisor.
Having said this it will be clear to the readers that we were very happy with dining at this restaurant.
Now, there is the view of the fort. What's to be said? Any closer and it would be part of the fort. Really fantastic and for sure one of the best in the whole city.
And then there was the food and the service. One of the better meals we enjoyed during our six week trip in India and service to match. We left very content.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IndonesiaNapier
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My first stay in Jodhpur was at Yogi's Guesthouse a little further down the hill. It was a lovely little Haveli where you are looked after but it lacks the attentiveness and friendliness of Hill View Guesthouse. Jodhpur town center is busy, dusty and noisy, like most Indian cities and after a bullet trip from Delhi, to Simla to Rajasthan (I only had 3 weeks), I was beginning to tire of noise, hustle, dust etc. Hill View Guesthouse is very close to the Mehrangarh Fort near the top of the hill (surprisingly!). I came across it on my way back from the Fort and stopped by the restaurant for some food made by Mehul, the restaurants manager and chef. I wanted something different from the normal fare I had been eating and I wanted it spicy! So he made me a curry to order and it was very enjoyable too. Mehul was extremely accommodating and friendly and invited me to celebrate Holi at the guesthouse but alas I was leaving for Jaisalmer that evening.

I then decided days later I would come back to Jodphur for Holi and I would stay at this guesthouse, up in the hill, with it's relaxed atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle. Foolishly I had not booked a room prior, and upon arrival there were no rooms left. Zafrhan the woman who runs it, with her sister kindly saved me and gave me a room in the families quarters downstairs. So in all honesty, I don't feel qualified to comment on their rooms but what I did see was basic, clean, comfortable and a good value Indian guesthouse (trust me I stayed in more expensive ones on Agra that weren't half as nice). Whilst I cannot comment on the room what I do feel qualified in reporting is the absolute generosity and welcoming nature of all who worked there. They all put huge effort into making sure their guests enjoyed Holi (down to buying non-toxic Holi powder), we got wet, covered in colour and it was a great fun day. One I will remember for a long time. After lots of trains, buses, cities and tiring travel - Hill View Guesthouse - was exactly what I needed to rest my weary body and ears. A welcoming, relaxing place, with a wonderful view of the city. Very close to the fort and generally a good base for all sights around Jodhpur. Mehul, Sunny, Sonu, Zafrhan her family and the kids made this guesthouse and city a place I will come back to visit next time I am in India. Sunny organised my ride to the bus for me, one of the young boys came along for the ride and fell asleep in the back of the tuktuk/ricksaw on route. I knew I would miss Jodhpur the rest of my time in India. I did and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank WanderlustingLady
china
Reviewed July 31, 2012

the host of this guest house is very nice and funny that i have ever met, especially in India.
The view of this guest house is very well in Jodhpur.
i love talking with the host and sitting in the roof to read a book!
very nice