“If you want hot water look elsewhere”

Ganpati Guest house
Ranked #101 of 193 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Negatives: Stayed here for three nights after booking our stay at Shivam and being told they were full when we arrived. First impressions were not great bins had not been changed in our room urine from previous guests on the toilet seat (which was broken and not even connected to the toilet) I asked if the sheets were changed they said they were I disagree they were filthy. I have been traveling in India for 3 weeks staying in guesthouses and this is the saddest accomm we have had the pleasure to stay in. Wi fi was average- poor on the 1st floor. 645am and the staff started blaring music from downstairs. No hot water for first few nights even though they advertise hot water from 8-11pm.
Positives: Great central location, walking distance to the Fort and clock tower, excellent restaurant across the road also JHANKAR RESTAURANT, I had my laundry washed here and it all came back cleaned and ironed for a reasonable price. Staff a mostly nice except when I asked why there was no hot water and they told me it was turned off as there were no tourists (strange as I was a tourist). Price would be good if they offered what they advertised ie. hot water

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Wanderlust2607
There are newer reviews for Ganpati Guest house

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a transport stopover. We had booked online and received a good deal for this place. We checked in late at night, about 10.30pm and were waved into a room. The room was fine for one night but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there for any longer. The bed and pillows were super hard, even by indian standards. There was no windows in the room we stayed in, if that is a factor for you.
The main reason I am writing a 'poor' review is because of the staff. Until about 2am they were extremely loud, and this is not a big place. We hardly got any sleep. The next morning we had breakfast somewhere else, and then tried to check out. This was really difficult as the guy at reception was extremely drunk. He couldn't remember how much we owed him for the room. We were in a hurry and he kept on telling us to sit down and talk with him even though we repeatedly told him we were in a hurry.
He then proceeded to offer us beer for breakfast if we wanted to drink with him. We politely declined and repeated that we were in a hurry. He continued to drunkenly talk at us whilst we tried to check out. We ended up giving him the approximate amount we could remember and running out of there to get away from him.

If you want a stay that involves drinking with the staff through the night until the morning this might be the place for you. We found it rude, difficult and very inappropriate. If you want to get some sleep and clear communication, go somewhere else.

There are better cheap home stays in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here a couple of months ago, while travelling around India, what a great place! I can't believe the negative comment this place has received. This family probably wouldn't have enjoyed any part of India!
We ordered food while staying, and it was freshly prepared and well worth it!! Service perfect and rooms beautiful. Would we go again? Definately!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Rajendra Singh I, Owner at Ganpati Guest house, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for your positive feedback for Ganpati guest house. This inspires us a lot to work hard for the guests and make them happy and comfortable what every traveler would like to have. Thank you once again for your time and review.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were recommended this place in Jaisalmer and were really happy with the place. The rooms are tastefully decorated, airy and cool - very clean and spacious.
We were there in summer and a fan room still managed to keep us cool enough.
The owner gave us a lovely recommendation on where to go and what to do and even supplied us with a small map which he edited to show us where to get all the best views of the city.
It was within budget and had a nice family feel, they also booked us some bus tickets which was instant and with no hassle.
As our bus was late at night they even let us rest in the room during the hottest part of the day!
Can't thank them enough for that (45 degrees +!)
Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlipBlop303
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After having booked with Shivam, I got a room at this hotel. I loved my room - it was clean, spacious and decorated nicely and the hotel is in a great location. The terrace has an amazing view and I absolutely loved sitting up there - it's just too bad that they don't serve dinner. There is a BIG family that runs the place so always lots of people around (which I enjoyed), however they could have been friendlier to the guests staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Thinking back we should have paid extra for air con as it was 45 degrees when we stayed here. But we managed to save a lOT of money in this clean and spacious guesthouse. The bathroom was modern and was very clean compared to most bathrooms in India. The family were welcoming and showed us where was good to eat. We went to the fort and did ziplining which was awesome. Overall lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We originally contacted Shivam paying guesthouse in Jodhpur but they were full and referred us to their other guesthouse Ganpatti.
They picked us up from the train station for free, which was nice. We arrived really early around 5am so when we arrived we were shown right to our room and they said we could check in after some sleep. After we were shown a huge room with an extra bed so I asked how much and they said 900 rupees. It didn't seem too bad so we dropped our bags and crashed for a couple hours. Later on when I woke up I checked my original email to them and they quoted us between 400 and 800 rupees. So I asked again why were shown such a big room and asked if we could change. We were told sure and shown another room that was only 400 rupees. Smaller, one double bed and a bathroom. Perfect and all we needed. So we moved. Then they tell us we can't have that room because it's booked so we have to move to a room that's 600 rupees. I expressed my frustration with the whole thing and we were allowed to keep the 400 rupees room. No one else ever came to stay and the story kept changing so it felt to me like they were doing their best to get us to pay top dollar.
Yes this place is good value - clean and good location. I found the family to be unfriendly. Their brochure said hot water and restaurant. The restaurant was not operating and hot water was available from 8-11pm only. Not a big deal but just so you know the whole story. Free wifi worked well. I would only stay here again if I couldn't find a similar price elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple