“Thanks for memorable stay”
Review of Hotel Kiran Vilas

and 1 more site!
Hotel Kiran Vilas
Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My fiancé, myself, and our friend had a great stay here. Main reason for this was the staff - they really took us under their wing and treated us like family right from the start. They even took us to a Polo match and arranged for some of the best Rajasthani music I've ever seen to be played for us in their courtyard that night followed by a dinner, all of which they charged us 0 dollars for. They recommended we eat at a Samosa place near the clocktower that was by far the best samosas we'd ever tried.

Only reason not 5 stars is that the shower only stayed hot for 3 minutes... but that's expected in India and didn't impact our stay experience that much at all.

Our room was really comfortable and even a little too much for our needs, but that was really welcome after a not-too-satisfying overnight train trip from Delhi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kiran Vilas

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Being a not too unexperienced traveller in India (regulary since more than 30 years) and being fed up with the mostly anonymous and "cold" Five-Star-Deluxe-Hotels which are the same wether you are in Hamburg or Delhi or Tokio I was thrilled staying in this wondeful family run hotel Kiran Vilas. The owner, Mr. Pudhpender Singh Rathore and also his father Gordhan Singh Rathore who is no longer in "duty" but always keeps an eye on everyhing, were very caring, the staff was very friendly from heart which means they showed no "business-politeness", but a family- and respect-of-the guest-driven politeness. My room was big, comfortable and clean, bathroom same and 24 hrs. running hot water. Breackfast was great, with varieties of fruit and indian as well as continental items.
Kiran Vilas is situated far enough from the center to be a quiet place, but near enough to be there in about 5-10 minutes time with an auto-rikshaw.
Im am looking forward to stay again in Kiran Vilas next time I come to Jodhpur.
Prof. Dr. Claudia Ossola-Haring, Germany

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Not very Impressed with this place. Rooms were Small. Food is good . I was surprised that this hotel has got a certificate of excellence from your site. It was not upto the standard.I was not at all impressed by this place.

Room Tip: No clue they all seemed small
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3N in Dec 13. We were a family of about 10 people including 3 kids (2-7 yrs old). The reservation officer was very courteous and helpful. Had no issues working out the rates and finalizing the reservation. He even addressed our demands for early check-in, extra bed etc very well.
We had requested for an early check-in since our train from Delhi reaches about 7:30 in morning. We were duly given all our rooms (2 super deluxe + 1 deluxe) as soon as we arrived, which was ahead of the hotels checkin time. Very nice.
Rooms were good mostly. The deluxe room was probably small, but with only grandparents staying in it was ok for them. 2 Super deluxe rooms were bigger and better. We had asked for an extra bed and were given a very large bed, so had no issues. Had 24 hours running geyser in bathroom which was good. Bathrooms were clean; 1 bathroom also had a dress-in area which was great! Only thing I would have liked in the bathroom were bath accessories (soap, shampoo etc which were totally missing). We asked for good night to be changed as the bottle was empty and were given new bottles right away. Bedsheet etc were clean. Those who needed to watch TV had good satellite channels which was lovely! The rooms had Wi-Fi which was a must for me. While the signal was excellent in rooms and I had no problem connecting to te network, I could hardly use the network for browsing. After frequent requests to get the internet cnnectiveity checked I was told that BSNL had server issues due to which internet browsing was sporadic..that was a let down for me. Thank god I had a Tata Photon with me for Disaster Recovery!
The restaurant in the hotel was average. Food quality was just average. They use LOT of garlic by default which we dont like. We requested them to not use garlic in our food and it was still served with garlic, although in a very small quantity. The spice levels were as requested. So while the food quality was average (even though it was home cooked food), the flexibility of the staff to serve us what we wanted and when we wanted was really appreciable. We planned to leave in moring at 5 AM to travel to Jaisalmer. The restaurant accomodated our request to serve us breakfast at 4:30 in morning. I was so glad my kids could eat before we started. In a similar incident, we went shopping and returned back around 4:30 PM. Were terribly hungry and needed some food ASAP as kids were craving. The restaurant once again served us poori bhaji in our rooms in 30 minutes much to my liking. Breakfast and dinner menus were discussed with us each time which was helpful. We did not have anyone else staying at the same time (I think) so that may have been a factor. The hotel is pretty small in any case so wint be surprised it happens again.
Not to forget, the owner of the place Mr Pushpendra was very helpful throughout. He was keen to adress any special needs we may have and gave us him personal time to help us. He also guided us to arrange tours, recommended places of interest etc, and was spot on most of the times.

If you are looking to stay outside in a homely environment, and not expecting exceptional food, this is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SugamBagla
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I dont know how this hotel has such high ratings on trip advisor.The rooms were dirty,lizards in there room,bathrooms were GROSS.The food was pretty bad from what we tried.The narrow spriral stairs leading to the rooms is terrible. I'm such an avid user of trip advisor and swear by the reviews but I was really disappointed with this Hotel.Stay away there are a lot of better Hotels in Jodhpur!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shradhak86
Reviewed November 21, 2013

After looking at few other options, we zeroed in on this option. Though we were not disappointed at the choice but it was not hotel exactly and rather kind of B&B, the room was cool and they even somehow managed to deliver some parathas for breakfast out of their so called restaurant. Overall it was decent option but never expect the services of hotels, but room are good & spacious otherwise.

Room Tip: The suite for sure........
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were in Jodhpur for RIFF 2013, and Kiran vilas turned out to be ideal for our stay. It is a quaint property tucked in one of the residential areas of the town. Owned and run by Mr.Pushpinder Singh, who is most courteous and helpful host. Rooms are decent and well maintained. The staff is wonderful as well. Though not professionally trained, all of them make it up for their attitude to help and serve. Special mention goes to Bhupinder Singh, who does multiple work and the cook Kishenji. He is amazing with Indian/Rajasthani food. Can't comment on any other cuisine as we didn't try them.

They are adding a small restaurant, bar and a roof-top area which I was told would be up and running by December 2013. That would certainly add to the charm of the place.

Highly recommended in the Homestay / B&B category in Jodhpur. We will be back there for next RIFF!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family