“A Must Stay ........ !!”
Review of Hotel Kiran Vilas

Hotel Kiran Vilas
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Jodhpur
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“A Must Stay ........ !!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I belong to Rajasthan and has been brought up in the culture. But I must say that the experience in this hotel was much above the expectation. The rooms are neat and clean, interiors demonstrating the culture and friendlier management showing the true essence of Hosting.
The food is mouth watering and can surprise your taste buds.
I was on a trip of Rajasthan with my friends in this October and stayed in the hotel. The Super Deluxe room was neat and clean with all the amenities. If anyone is planning to visit Jodhpur and its nearby places, this place is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, England
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just a Tuk Tuk ride from the hustle & bustle of Jodhpur means a quieter backdrop. The hotel owner & his Dad were characters to say the least (in a most pleasant way). Very warm & welcoming, good size room, the food was very good & nice to get a more traditional Indian breakfast rather than just toast! Wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hotel Kiran Vilas, a very nice place with a warm welcome and a very peaceful place to stay. I came here with my family and stayed here for two days and it was a wonderful experience. Its not a full showoff hotel, its a simple and nice place. Hotel owner is very nice person. Clean and comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are nice and they are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is an ordinary hotel with no frills, no extra service, no good breakfast also. They serve only one dish against order for breakfast and are reluctant to serve lunch or dinner.
rooms are small, staff is only one man doing every thing but all this is ok and if you dont expect much this place is ok, so so !

Room Tip: get rooms located inside and not road side. sleep quality can be disturbed.
2 Thank Vidhata B
Jaipur, India
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hotel kiran vilas, is a place that made me feel so homely, and comfortable stay with a blend of tradions. The hotel was clean with a great environment. Worth a stay and highly recommended for a good stay in affordable charges.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have chosen hotel Kiran Vilas as per my friend suggestion and he was absolutely right. It was really worth to stay there and really like the atmosphere of this hotel. Super clean, comfortable, traditional environment and with all that you need. The price is then really competitive. I had really good time, I definitely suggest it.

1 Thank sagitariousprem
Nomad
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Honestly I don't understand the good reviews for this hotel. I suspect they could haver been written by the hotel owners. I'm nomadic - living all over the world. I always stay in 3 star hotels. I'm not very fussy, and can put up with a few inconveniences, but this was just ridiculous.
1. We booked twin beds. When we arrived it was a small dirty room with 2 beds pushed together. They brought extra linen. I then had the surreal experience of having to make my own bed in a hotel. At least the sheets were clean. The floor was filthy.
2. We gave them one small bag of laundry. We were charged 1100 rupees!!!!! Total rip-off. For a bigger bag of laundry at our hotel in Pushkar we were charged 150 rupees.
3. We ordered grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, and coffee. We were brought tea, a cold, soggy, grilled vegetable sandwich, and no soup. When we complained, and they brought the soup it was watery and greasy and inedible.
4. Breakfast was awful. They have no clue how to serve a proper meal. I saw another couple given eggs and a plate of bread. When they asked where was the toast the bread was taken away, and presumably they were given toast after they'd eaten their eggs. On the one day we ate breakfast there the toast wasn't cooked properly. As I said, I'm really not that fussy, and usually not a whiner, but surely it's not that hard to make toast?
5. The phone in our room didn't work.
6. We finally asked for clean towels and for our room to be cleaned but on returning after being out for a few hours it was not done.
7. No roof-top restaurant as advertised.
8. Heritage decorations? Our room had a bad photo of a vase of roses.
Our room was small, and dirty. I wiped every surface, including the sink in the bathroom, with an antiseptic wet wipe before I felt I could put anything down.
I don't care how friendly the owner is, it really was horrible. We've stayed in some pretty down-home, plain places. We're not expecting luxury. But this was just terrible.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. Try the Devi Bhawan Hotel. We had breakfast there on 2 mornings - it was lovely...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends