“What a night!”
Review of The Kothi Heritage

The Kothi Heritage
Ranked #2 of 192 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed in Jodhpur for just one night waiting for a flight next morning. It was a wonderful surprise! The room decoration was superb, I had a tall bed where my 1 and a half meter poor self, looked like a queen walking up to white, spotless sheet of a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was huge, with all the toiletries and facilities you can ask for, extremely clean. The internet connection (which is always the main reason why I book a hotel, because I'm working and I need it!) was fast enough to send a 2Gb file to my boss in a couple of minutes. The owner was talkative and friendly, a person that we can see is happy about the quality of the service he provides. Wonderful place to stay! Inside, looking at the squirrels, we can't even imagine we are just near the crowded Jodhpur center.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the rooms have tall beds... but ask for one... it's a cute experience...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Darkskymoon

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I myself & my wife visited Jodhpur on May 2012 & booked this hotel through Cleartrip for 2 days. I booked the LUxury Room & the check in time mentioned in cleartrip as 9.00am. But we reached Jodhpur at 6.00am & when we reached the Hotel they immidiately provide the room, not only that they Provided us an complementry upgradation to thr Luxury Suit. Due to some problem we have to extend my sytaying at Jodhpur for one Day till evening 08.00 pm. The Hotel authority provide us the Room at Half rate as the Day use rate. The Staf, Manager & teh authority are very helpfull & always pay full attention to us. The Hotel ambience & interior decoration is excellent. Staying in this hotel makes our holiday memorable at Jodhpur.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samratpradipta
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were a group of 3 medical students from England staying in Jodhpur for 5 weeks to volunteer at the local hospitals. The Kothi Heritage easily became our little haven in the middle of busy Jodhpur- I agree with some of the reviews, which state that the hotel is not near the tourist attractions in Jodhpur, BUT a small ride in the auto (or with a driver) gets you to most places easily. The hotel staff were extremely welcoming, and would try their best to help you with any queries- and would also get the autos/taxis for you should you ask. They all had a good basic understanding of English. The food at the hotel was very good, and a life saviour when coming back late from doing touristic visits. Breakfast was good for us; there were times (when the hotel was fairly occupied) when a buffet breakfast would be served, but for the majority of the time we were there, breakfast consisted of toast, an indian option (e.g. paratha) and tea/chai. Lunch and Dinner could be ordered separately and there was enough variety there to keep you busy. And if that was not enough, the hotel staff would more than happily make recommendations to nearby good restaurant (my advice would be the famous Gypsy restaurant right next door to Kothi- beware that on Fridays &Saturdays it might be very busy to get a table!). The rooms were very well maintained, had 24 hr hot water/electricity, digital TV, and cleaned at any time you'd request. The laundry service (charged separately) was also very well organised.

One of the most useful things at Kothi was the free access to the computer and printer. A much needed tool when booking/planning trips.

Overall a very enjoyable stay, and the hotel owners (2 brothers) are extremely helpful, and are always on site. We have been to other hotels during our very long stay in India, and this was by far the best, and most enjoyable, hotel experience I have had. The question to answer is: Would I go back to Kothi? the answer is Yes!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lovesh D
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed at this great hotel for approximately 5 weeks and it was a safe haven in the busy streets of Jodphur. I recommend this place to anyone who stops over in Jodphur. Great hospitality, Rooms and Food!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikky C
Reviewed June 8, 2012

we stayed here for 4 weeks and it was a very pleasant stay. the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. the rooms were very clean and very comfortable. the food was fresh and very tasty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The Kothi Heritage is a renovated historic house within a beautiful garden around. It is located outside the Jodhpur's city center. All the infrastructure is uptodate and the design is really very nice. The staff were friendly and very helpful in every regards. my room was clean, spacious and very comfy. Free water, fast Wifi in the room. The breakfast was also quite good however the choice of food was limted. Generally it's a nice family owned hotel for stay in Jodhpur.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Booked into this through our travel agent, the only thing I wish they had would have been a swimming pool. Other than that, the service & attention were excellent. It used to be a private home, it is now run by the family & they do a 1st class job of making you feel comfortable & ensuring that all your needs & wishes are taken care of during your stay. Certainly worth the price, the internet was included in the price (unlike many place you might stay - many hotels charge hourly/daily wireless usage fees) didn't watch TV to speak of, but the television was nice size, the views of the city are nice, and breakfast was included. Rooms have generous amount of space including spacious bath, in-room controlled air conditioning, as well as a fridge in your room! Decorated tastefully with articles for sale in the cabinets around the property! Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice quite place on a budget!

Room Tip: There are some eye sores around the property when you are up on the top levels looking over the comp...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family