Hotel Rajmandir
Moti Palace(Jaisalmer)
  • Room Service
Hotel Victoria(Jaisalmer)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownerentire cityjaisalmer fortnot hesitate to recommend this hotelsuper deluxe roomscity viewfantastic hospitalitywonderful experienceexcellent placebreakfast was deliciousexcellent viewpleasant staystay inside the forttuk tuksitting areasunrise and sunsetcamel safari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013

A hotel inside the fort with awesome view. Expect excellent service from the owner and the staff. They receive you at the station, can make all travel arrangements and help to make your stay comfortable.
Being inside the fort, expect less than luxurious facilities. Go for rooms with jharokha.
A little pricey given the facilities, but location makes for it. Good for couple of days.

Room Tip: Look for jharokha rooms and do not fall for family room / big room trap if you are booking remotely.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The service offered by Suresh and the staff at Rajmandir is very good. Everytime the staff met you they would ask if there was anything that you required or they could do to help your stay. From our meeting Suresh in the car park below the fort to leaving 3 days later we couldn't fault the staff.

We actually stayed in both super deluxe rooms in the hotel as Suresh offered us the upper room at checkin for our 2nd and 3rd nights, so we didn't fully unpack upon arrival ( it was occupied on the 1st) as it must be considered slightly better.

The rooms were clean, spaciuos and had good views to the edge of the city below. Breakfast is taken on the roof terrace, something warm needs to be worn in November, which commands great views across the desert and to other nearby parts of the fort.

I would not expect any guests staying at Rajmandir to have any issues with the service or staff at this hotel if they choose to stay here.

Room Tip: If staying in the super deluxe room request the upper floor at the time of booking as it is away from reception noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Awesome place and experience. Located at a very attractive location (right inside the fort - what more do you want?) this hotel offers a great staying experience. Fantastic rooms, made up in vibrant colours and offering beautiful view of the entire city. Apart from being just beautiful, the rooms are very clean, well maintained and also spacious.

Special mention needs to be made about the owner - Sureshji - a very nice and down to earth man. A very loving and helpful person. He helped us with all arrangements for sight seeing, desert safari and camping, local conveyance etc.

They also serve some very delicious home cooked food. The best part is the terrace garden that they have where dining arrangements are made. Its offers a great ambiance.

All of this comes at a very reasonable price, without making you feel the pinch on your wallet. This place offers more than what a sophisticated hotel can offer - love, warmth and a great experience, at a much lesser cost.

I would strongly recommend this place to anyone who is visiting Jaisalmer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Before I start my review on Rajmandir, I should say something about the man who made our stay so special. He is Mr. Suresh Kewalia, The Manager of Hotel Rajmandir. I contacted him way back in 2011 but unfortunately could not make it that time. This time I contacted him on Dec' 2012 and referred him to my earlier communications. He immediately offered me 3 rooms at discounted rate which I would not have got through any IDS. He not only confirmed the rooms at Jaisalmer but also agreed to book a property of my request at Jodhpur and also the transport through out stay in Rajasthan. From the very first day (12th Oct 2013) he was very caring and was always enquiring how our tour was going on and whether we are having any difficulties, be in Jaipur/Jodhpur/Jaisalmer. Infact when we reached Jaisalmer (on 16th oct 2013) he came down to the car parking area in his bike and took our family to hotel Rajmandir. Before I landed in Rajasthan, I knew I would be getting the best room and treatment at Jaisalmer. Three AC rooms were given to us (all in same floor) with the beautiful view of the city. The rooms were clean, spacious. The food was too good. I requested the cook to prepare Bengali foods and he readily prepared that for us. In the evening we would sit on the roof terrace and have endless chat with the cook and other members. Never at any point of time, did I felt away from home. Full marks to Mr. Suresh and his team. I'm surely going to go again in Hotel Rajmandir.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fantastic ambience, enjoyed the room and the fort. Wonderful place to stay. Right in the fort. Went in the offseason so had the place to ourselves. Probably call to book instead of using online services to get better discounts.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family