“Excellent service”
Review of Hotel Rajmandir

Hotel Rajmandir
Ranked #28 of 163 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Taking the hotel was the best part of the trip. The hotel was A1 quality. The food was very good. It felt like we were at home. We took the complete package (stay, camel safari, sight-seeing, food) and this was one of the most enjoyable trip we had, Thanks to Hotel Rajmandir. The staff was very courteous especially Mr Suresh. Overall I would give a 5 star rating to Hotel Rajmandir and would sugest it to anybody going to Jaisalmer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'll start my review with the caveat that I visited at the start of low season (early April). For me, this is the perfect time to go as the temperatures are quite manageable (highs of around 40 C) yet you often have streets of the fort and town to yourself whilst prices in hotels drop like a stone. I won't disclose the very reasonable rate offered to me by Suresh ji, but suffice to say that I stayed in their best room - the main turret 'super deluxe' - for a fraction of the high season rate. What's more I had the entire place to myself, so it almost felt like my own rented apartment, complete with private roof terrace.

The hotel itself has been restored very tidily inside and has an extremely pleasant feel. The roof terrace is quite sizable and has one table up a further set of steps which affords panoramic views of the town, desert and the main body of the fort. The room itself was extremely spacious, comfortable and atmospheric. Whilst it was arranged a little strangely - owing to the semi-circular wall - the repro furniture gave it all a nice homely feel though not quite a true "heritage" look. The views from the window box are fantastic, particularly if you look off to the right where you get the walls of the fort and the desert beyond. The bathroom had a nicer feel than the website pictures make out, despite the odd choice of tiling.

I can't comment too much on food, as I only had breakfast there, but that was certainly up to scratch. The fantastic Nepali staff were happy to cater to my preference of fresh fruit, dahi, and coffee, though I think they also offered parantha, toast, cereal etc. Indeed, the staff in general were great and one of the highlights of a stay here. The owner, Suresh, picked me up from the station on his bike, but after that I was left in the capable hands of the rest of the staff, who were more than happy to advise on anything and even offered to personally show me the way to sights a couple of km from the hotel. When it came to checking out, not only did they round down my bill to effectively mean a free beer, but they were happy to keep my bag in a storeroom for the day and offer me use of a bathroom in the afternoon before departing to the train station.

All in all then I would highly recommend this place for an atmospheric stay in the fort.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main turret "super deluxe room" and it was fantastic. I had a look around...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hi All,
I have had a very bad experience. I had paid advance in Sept 2012 for a travel in Nov 2012. Somehow the trip got cancelled and i informed Sureshji in Sept itself. Till date i have not got my money back. Each time i call, he says he has courierd a cheque, somehow evades with all excuses. I have stopped asking. But have been thinking that to a Indian national he is dogging like this, how much would he return to those people coming from overseas. So kindly be cautious.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Please dont pay advance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vandana_kapoor
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Awesome Jaisalmer ! Awesome Hotel ! Awesome SureshJi !..We stayed 1 and half days in Hotel Rajmandir and it was our best experience in a hotel .We never felt that we are out of home.Hotel is very very very good.Service is awesome.! Food was very good too.. Excellent View and above all Hotelier SureshJi is one of the best hotelier you'll visit in your whole life !

Room Tip: Any room in 1st of ground floor with city view (sunrise view)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had to travel to jaisalmer for some official work in february, just before the starting of desert festival. Rooms in good hotels at reasonable price are very hard to find in this season in jaisalmer but thanks to my stay in hotel rajmandir which not only provided me a budget room but also provided a whole lot which i didn't expected. Firtsly the hotel is situated inside the jaisalmer fort and rooms' balcony/window offers picturesque view of the city, specially the view from the front side rooms is quite majestic. All historic places like jain temples, rani mahal etc are situated at walking distances from the hotel. The rooms are quite spacious and very neat and clean. Though the rooms does not have intercom facilities but the two service boys are always available. The roof top restaurant is the best place from where you can enjoy the sunrise and have a beautiful view of whole city. The food was excellent as it was home made and fresh. We enjoyed our breakfast and dinner at roof top restaurant a lot. Last but not the least our stay was made comfortable and memorable by the owner Suresh Ji, who takes lots of pain to make his customers delighted. You can trust him on anything and he can help you from arranging taxis to guiding you for your tour.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fort wall or east facing are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in Feb. 2013 . Its a one of the best hotels I have seen in India. I mean everything is perfect - the location , the owner , staff , rooftop view .......... just great ** its amazing. Two Nepali young boys at your service and they do the fantastic job . Owner himself is a gentleman and he helps us in every possible way . He arranged everything for us - sightseeing, dessert safari, guide , food .... everything. Love to visit this charming place again and love to stay in Hotel Rajmandir again .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent location, despite being inside the fort the tuk tuk drivers can drop you off only a few yards from the door of the hotel. The hotel and rooms are clean and the decor is very much in keeping with a fort ambience. The owner is very friendly and accommodating and went out of his way in helping us with our travel arrangements. Also the staff, consisting of two young boys from Nepal are very friendly and are eager to help make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooftop cafe which has fantastic views of the surrounding town, offers a good breakfast, although in the coolness of the evening, offers little in the way of lighting and atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple