“Great location, superb hospitality!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #3 of 114 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hotel Victoria is a charming old haveli located in the old fort at Jaisalmer. The rooms at comfortable with ample hot water. Wifi is available throughout the hotel. But what really sets Hotel Victoria above the competition is its wonderful service and staff. They go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Water, chai, coffee, and snacks were offered at all times. They even prepared dinner for us one night without cost. I highly recommend Hotel Victoria!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susie1028

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel in October 2011 for 3 days. The first thing that you would feel is that you are at home - the staff makes you feel that way! Specially the manager Sushil. Also need to mention about the owner Pankaj Purohit,who though being out of town,made a point to call and check about our stay! The location is great,especially when you step on the balcony and can see the Jaisalmer town below and the wonderful landscape ahead. Imagine you staying in a room built 800 years ago ,yet having all the modern comforts!Great place to stay and they have taken care of all the comforts very well.Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pranjalray
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Everything is right from the moment you arrive, with a friendly welcome and a beautifully decorated reception area. All the rooms seemed to be furnished to the same high standard with local handicrafts and pictures etc. Our room had a little balcony overhanging the fort walls.
The owner is very friendly and helpful and provided lunch for us each day at no charge. Breakfast was the best we've had in Rajasthan so far.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank hodgepigs
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had some very bad experiences with several hotels in India, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find Hotel Victoria. This was one of the few hotels where I didn't feel like the owners were greasing me up to take advantage of me. They went above and beyond expectations to provide me great service. The room was very clean and the building had a great deal of charm. They provided me with many unexpected services for free and all they asked was for me to put in a good word for them. No problem!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bruno0007
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed on the hotel for 2 nights and feeling was wonderful. The hotel is in fort and overlooks the city, the best place to stay in in Jaisalmer. It will give you a feeling of being at home and being pampered. Staff was always ready for all they could do to make the stay comfortable and the feeling was of a homely environment.The food was well prepared and served.The hotel took care of arrival and exit to station and guided us for a great vacation.

Hotel owners were very friendly and hotel staff lead by Sushil was excellent, all boys were very prompt.

Keep up the good show and make some happy momories for others.

Room Tip: Look for balcony room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank S N
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Hotel Victoria is cozy, quaint and very homely. Add to that the home cooked meals and 24/7 attendants made my stay extremely happy and comfy. Food is strictly vegetarian, but authentic Rajasthani meals.
The hotel is in the Jaisalmer fort, which makes it a romantic setting. The rooms have jharokhas that make a sweet seating if you love waking up to a beautiful dawn break or hop up to the terrace if you want to catch a sunrise. Both places are lovely spots to pick for breakfast, lunches or dinners.
The amenities provided in the room are a bare minimum - I carried my own toilet kit, however the bedrooms are spacious and comfortable.
The staff are extremely helpful and quickly organized a guide and driver to take me around the many places to visit in Jaisalmer, including the Sam sand dunes.
As a female travelling alone, the hotel and the staff made me feel completely secure.
Whenever I go back to visit Jaisalmer, I'd definitely stay in Hotel Victoria again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank paghna
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Though I went on a trip to Jaisalmer in March, but I thought this place deserves a review.

When we arrived at the Jaisalmer Railway Station, someone was already there from Hotel Victoria to pick us up. While on our way, we discovered this was one of the few places in Jaisalmer that was inside the fort, thrilled to know that we made our way to this beautifully designed and personally decorated hotel.

The only reason I will go back there is because of the brilliant hospitatlity by Sushil, he is a true find. He told us where to go and gave us the best tips on travelling in Jaisalmer. We had a wonderful time at the Roof Top eating delicious cheese sandwitches and maggie at midnight. We also extended our stay at Hotel Victoria as there is no other place in Jaisalmer compared to this.

Go for the rooms, the view, the history, the food, the great indian hospitality and great travelling tips from Sushil.

I would love to go back there, someday.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends