WelcomHeritage Mandir Palace
Arya Haveli Jaisalmer(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
$5
Hotel Tokyo Palace Jaisalmer(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
$11
Agoda.com
Mystic Jaisalmer Hotel(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
$13
Priceline
Hotel Lalgarh Fort And Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
$17
Orbitz.com
Hotel Shahi Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
$7
$54
$38
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgolden suitesmall museumintricate carvingsrooftop restauranthuge roomcandle lit dinnertrio restaurantbeautiful architecturemr singhroyal touchgolden sandstoneroyal experiencetwo night stayplace to staybreakfast spreadswimming poolbuffet dinner
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Cleanliness

Comfort

Condition

Neighbourhood
5.0

This former royal palace has lots of atmosphere. My room was absolutely clean and spotless. It was comfortable and quiet. All the staff were extremely helpful. Twice a junior staff member accompanied me through the maze of streets to the ATM. I would never have found it on my own. Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was excellent. Dinner in the rooftop restaurant was also excellent. I ate Indian dishes. They were all delicious and freshly cooked and caused me no upset stomach. The waiter very kindly took the time to explain all the names of the dishes to me. At the front desk, they arranged a taxi for me from Jaisalmer th Udaipur - a 9 hour trip - for 8,000 rupees. I had 2 other quotes from small local shops - one for 7,000 and another for 10,000, and I accepted the 8,000 quote from the Mandir Palace because I felt more confident of getting a trouble-free taxi trip. And I was right, the trip went totally fine. The hotel is very close to the entrance to the Jaisalmer fort. In summary, I give this hotel top marks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
MandirP, Owner at WelcomHeritage Mandir Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear John

Thankyou for your comments on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the hotel staff I would like to thank you for choosing to stay in this heritage Palace and are very pleased to learn that you were comfortable and happy staying at Mandir Palace. I would also like to thank you that you found the staff hospitable, courteous and helpful.

We look forward to welcome you or your friends back anytime in the future. Please feel free to contact our team for anything else.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We visited Jaisalmer in the month of March, 2014 and decided to stay in Mandir Palace. The hotel has a great ambience and the architect of the hotel is incomparable. It is a heritage hotel but has all the modern luxurious amenities one needs. The staff are also very courteous and helpful. The food is also excellent and they have a wide range of food selection both in buffet and a la carta.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank avikg2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

have been a traveler across India and stayed at many heritage properties. each one is unique in its taste, style, upkeep etc. Needless to say the property is well maintained, food is good sumptuous, well priced, staff very helpful, instant recall for any problem. we stayed in the golden suite and it was good. The stone work on the museum building is just too good and needs an eye for detail to enjoy the same. The royal family is just next door and you would find the yuvraj on a daily run to the hotel inspecting things and directing the staff to maintain the property. A warm and friendly royal I would say. Do get a chance to see and talk to him. The building and its modern rooms coexisit with the old world stone work rooms . In the centre of the city and walking distance to all attractions and the not to miss bazar. Right next to the palace is the sharma ji sweet shop for a warm glass of hot milk with malai and dry fruits do give it a try.

Room Tip: go for the old rooms with those low height roof and stone work.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

It's not often that you find livestock - not just cows, but horses too - in the courtyard of a quality hotel, but that was one of the many quirks of the Mandir Palace.

It's a rabbit warren of a hotel, but full of character. Our room was good, but not the best we've stayed in - there was no wardrobe to hang clothes, for instance. The bathroom was a reasonable size and the common areas were lovely. The reception area is full of lovely works of art, and there is a nice pool area and roof top terrace with fantastic views of the fort - well worth a visit at sundown.

I particularly enjoyed the breakfasts, but we didn't eat at the terrace restaurant, so no comment.

Staff were friendly and efficient. The only thing was they tried to overcharge us for laundry - so double check the bill!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kylie F
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Reviews of hotels are by their very nature subjective. Its difficult to compare 1 hotel with another and your personal requirements may be different to mine. That said, if this is not in the top 5 hotels in Jaisalmer, I will eat my hat. It may not have the fluffiest towels, the softest beds or the biggest rooms of any hotel in India, but, for me, this is still the place with the wow or X factor. Having said that there is nothing wrong with the towels, beds or rooms. On the contrary the rooms have a magnificence all of their own, with thick sandstone walls and cool tiled floors. To my mind an excellent hotel should be somewhere you will be talking about for some time to come and this hotel certainly fits that description. Set in the ancestral home of the King or Maharaja of Jaisalmer, the whole building is part home. part museum and part hotel. With its blend of passageways and small courtyards it is a joy to stay here and be part of history. The service is first class with many staff about the place to help you in any way however small. Unfortunately the roof top restaurant was not open for our 1 night stay, due to lack of customers, but the normal restaurant sufficed. Our room, 152, has a balcony with table and chairs and a great view over the hilltop fort. A great, unique, hotel deserving our top marks.

Room Tip: Our room 152 has a balcony and great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple