1,239 results
All reviews mr fifu rooftop restaurant jaisalmer fort the owner camel safari great view sitting room his son recommend hotel traditional style excellent hotel make you feel at home guest house hot water great hospitality thar desert memorable stay
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Arrived on a sleeper train from Jodhpur at 6.30am and was made to feel welcome straight away.The staff found us a room where we slept for a couple of hours before moving us to another beautiful room overlooking the fort.This hotel is about 15 mins walk away from the fort along a bumpy track don't let this put you off staying.It is one of the most charming hotels I have stayed in and the friendly service could not be faulted.If you have time try booking the hotel's camel safari which is a little piece of magic away from all the crowds

Namaste Lynne.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on our Hotel. We are pleased that you decided to stay at Hotel Fifu and we feel blessed that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope that the room and food was as enjoyable to you as your company was for us. We will always consider you a friend of our Hotel and will welcome you with open arms. We look forward to seeing you again and would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to recommend us to your friends and family. You have our upmost gratitude and we wish you all the best health and happiness in life.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

On a tour through Rajasthan our last stop was Hotel Fifu. To be honest it was the best hotel we stayed at during our 10 days trip. Very nice rooms, no noise at night and a simple but good cuisine. The service was done by very nice guys from Nepal, always with a smile. Really to be recommended.

Namaste Christophe.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Mr Kewaliya & Antriksh are two best bets to stay at this property.We found on reaching here that we have been given a room on 3rd floor with a seperate interconnecting sitting room.The rooms have been furnished in rajasthani heritage style with a blend of simplicity which makes the stay cosy & relaxing. Antriksh gave us a brief on Jaisalmer while we enjoyed the welcome drink. The meals at roof-top restaurant overlooking the magnificient Jaisalmer Fort adds that raw soothing rajasthani flavour to your taste buds.The breakfast included in the tariff was well spread & hygienic. Meals were served with pleasure in the presence of the owner of the property Mr Kewaliya.Later, Mr kewaliya, who is a native of Jaisalmer, gave us the first-hand information & satisfied our querries regarding the local traditions, culture, landscape related hardships etc so patiently & polietly that we fell in love with Jaisalmer.In a nutshell, Hotel Fifu completed our experience of otherwise a very beautiful & wonderful place Jaisalmer.

2  Thank umeshjain

Namaste Umeshjain.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I arrived in Jaisalmer on my bicycle trip across India a 11:00 PM and checked into the first hotel I saw. It was a bland "luxury" place on the periphery of town. Google maps showed Hotel Fifu near the fortress and since the hotels in the fortress were booked I went with Fifu. As I proceeded down an unpaved road away from the fortress I had second thoughts. I arrived at Fifu and was immediately charmed by the small but tastefully decorated lobby. Fifu Kewaliya built and operates this charming hotel with loving care. Care for every detail of the design,maintenance and care for the guests. I stopped on the stairs to appreciate what Fifu had done with what would normally be an ordinary feature of a building. When the bell hop opened the door to my room I lost my breath. It was small but I thought I had stepped back in time a hundred years into an authentic Rajasthani haveli bedroom. Of course Fifu has added modern conveniences like hot water, flat screen TV, and air conditioning. But this room and hotel had to be the most charming of my Indian vacation and I must have slept at fifty hotels on this trip. I asked Fifu if he could recommend a tour guide. He did. Virendra Singh is Fifu's friend and competitor (he's building a haveli hotel across the street). The depth of Virendra's knowledge about Jaisalmer and Rajasthani history is bottomless and the information is delivered in a witty way with a few jokes. I am a professional tour guide in NYC so I am a discerning connoisseur of tour guides. I have had tour guides as good who were tour guides for one monument and knew their little area inside out but Virendra can tour the whole city and the desert and never be at a loss for words. A credit to Fifu that he recommended the best even though this man is a competitor. Fifu also arranged at my request the camel and dinner in the desert evening. I'm a city kid. Riding a camel across the desert is more romantic in theory than in practice. Omar Sharif made it appear cool but that's Hollywood. The food was good but you're just in the desert in the evening not that much different from a barbecue at the beach minus the water and burgers. We did stop and see the cenotaphs of the maharawals. Without a tour guide it would have been a meaningless visit. Virendra explained everything and gave great insights into Indian history and culture. I credit Fifu with everything. From his pleasant greeting to beautifully designed and immaculately maintained haveli, to the expert guidance on activities, and recommendation of a tour guide to reserving a jeep and even toks toks when I needed, Fifu has made my stay in Jaisalmer perfect. You must stay here. And don't let me get started about the view of the fortress from the rooftop restaurant.

Room tip: They are all great. Fortress view rooms are nice but the roof top restaurant offers commanding views of the fortress and the breezes make it a cool place to sit.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a great stay in Hotel Fifu made all the better by the brilliant service from the family that ran it. One of our party was ill during the visit and they arranged us a doctor, took us to the pharmacy to get medication and were always on hand to answer any questions. Also one night they gave us into town and dropped us off at a restaurant they had recommended where we had a lovely meal .
Our room was beautiful and the roof top terrace had a view of the fort and plenty of blankets on hand when the evenings got a bit chilly. If visiting Jaisalmer again would stay at Fifu.

Date of stay: February 2013