1,199 results
All reviewsmr fifurooftop restaurantjaisalmer fortthe ownercamel safarigreat viewsitting roomhis sonrecommend hoteltuk tuktraditional styleexcellent hotelmake you feel at homehot waterthar desertmemorable stayamazing hospitality
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Mr Kewaliya & Antriksh are two best bets to stay at this property.We found on reaching here that we have been given a room on 3rd floor with a seperate interconnecting sitting room.The rooms have been furnished in rajasthani heritage style with a blend of simplicity which makes the stay cosy & relaxing. Antriksh gave us a brief on Jaisalmer while we enjoyed the welcome drink. The meals at roof-top restaurant overlooking the magnificient Jaisalmer Fort adds that raw soothing rajasthani flavour to your taste buds.The breakfast included in the tariff was well spread & hygienic. Meals were served with pleasure in the presence of the owner of the property Mr Kewaliya.Later, Mr kewaliya, who is a native of Jaisalmer, gave us the first-hand information & satisfied our querries regarding the local traditions, culture, landscape related hardships etc so patiently & polietly that we fell in love with Jaisalmer.In a nutshell, Hotel Fifu completed our experience of otherwise a very beautiful & wonderful place Jaisalmer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank umeshjain
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I arrived in Jaisalmer on my bicycle trip across India a 11:00 PM and checked into the first hotel I saw. It was a bland "luxury" place on the periphery of town. Google maps showed Hotel Fifu near the fortress and since the hotels in the fortress were booked I went with Fifu. As I proceeded down an unpaved road away from the fortress I had second thoughts. I arrived at Fifu and was immediately charmed by the small but tastefully decorated lobby. Fifu Kewaliya built and operates this charming hotel with loving care. Care for every detail of the design,maintenance and care for the guests. I stopped on the stairs to appreciate what Fifu had done with what would normally be an ordinary feature of a building. When the bell hop opened the door to my room I lost my breath. It was small but I thought I had stepped back in time a hundred years into an authentic Rajasthani haveli bedroom. Of course Fifu has added modern conveniences like hot water, flat screen TV, and air conditioning. But this room and hotel had to be the most charming of my Indian vacation and I must have slept at fifty hotels on this trip. I asked Fifu if he could recommend a tour guide. He did. Virendra Singh is Fifu's friend and competitor (he's building a haveli hotel across the street). The depth of Virendra's knowledge about Jaisalmer and Rajasthani history is bottomless and the information is delivered in a witty way with a few jokes. I am a professional tour guide in NYC so I am a discerning connoisseur of tour guides. I have had tour guides as good who were tour guides for one monument and knew their little area inside out but Virendra can tour the whole city and the desert and never be at a loss for words. A credit to Fifu that he recommended the best even though this man is a competitor. Fifu also arranged at my request the camel and dinner in the desert evening. I'm a city kid. Riding a camel across the desert is more romantic in theory than in practice. Omar Sharif made it appear cool but that's Hollywood. The food was good but you're just in the desert in the evening not that much different from a barbecue at the beach minus the water and burgers. We did stop and see the cenotaphs of the maharawals. Without a tour guide it would have been a meaningless visit. Virendra explained everything and gave great insights into Indian history and culture. I credit Fifu with everything. From his pleasant greeting to beautifully designed and immaculately maintained haveli, to the expert guidance on activities, and recommendation of a tour guide to reserving a jeep and even toks toks when I needed, Fifu has made my stay in Jaisalmer perfect. You must stay here. And don't let me get started about the view of the fortress from the rooftop restaurant.

Room Tip: They are all great. Fortress view rooms are nice but the roof top restaurant offers commanding views of the fortress and the breezes make it a cool place to sit.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a great stay in Hotel Fifu made all the better by the brilliant service from the family that ran it. One of our party was ill during the visit and they arranged us a doctor, took us to the pharmacy to get medication and were always on hand to answer any questions. Also one night they gave us into town and dropped us off at a restaurant they had recommended where we had a lovely meal .
Our room was beautiful and the roof top terrace had a view of the fort and plenty of blankets on hand when the evenings got a bit chilly. If visiting Jaisalmer again would stay at Fifu.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Do not hesitate to book Hotel Fifu when you come to Jaisalmer! This boutique hotel was lovely. Speaking as a 20 year old American girl, traveling in India for my first time was a bit overwhelming, but Mr. Fifu and staff at this hotel made sure I felt at home. Mr. Fifu is such a gentle, kind and caring person. He was always there to recommend things to do, make sure our food was good, that we had plenty of amenities stocked in our bathroom, and that we were having a good time. When I needed a hair dryer or my clothes washed, there was always someone there to help. The rooms are uniquely decorated and comfortable. The rooftop restaurant is beautiful!! While we were there, it was a little cold, so they even provided wool blankets for us. All in all, beautiful place, caring people, and a terrific stay. Look no further.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent 5 nights in Fifuhotel.We had a great time. Nice staff, very helpfull. A nice quiet spot with great views.
The room was very nicely decorated.The hotel is located on a nice spot, away from hustle and bustle. It's nice to walk around an meet the neighbours of the hotel.
Hans en Fokke