“Wonderful place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Dhola Maru

Hotel Dhola Maru
Hotel Dhola Maru
Ranked #91 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
“Wonderful place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

The location and exterior of the hotel was really great. Not a very lavish stay but according to a budgeted hotel I really recommend this place.
The breakfast was good and had variety.
Lawn was really nice and we enjoyed the stay here.

Room Tip: All are fine.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ankurgoel21
dholamarujaisalmer, Kanak, Branding Manager at Hotel Dhola Maru, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Thanks for your valuable suggestions, we are appreciating to share your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

On a chilly december night we arrived at Dhola Maru in 2009. The food at night was good and it was interesting to eat outside on the lawns. The hotel did not have many guests and the service as quite prompt. Breakfast included in the package was sumptuous and tasty.

We were out the whole day and in the evening hence have no idea of day time service. However with 2 small kids this was a good desert abode

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MULTIWEAVE
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

One hell of a place, I was forced to stay with no other options at all.
I visited Jaisalmer in Aug 2011 on a leisure trip with my family and a friend's family and had earlier booked our stay in Kuldhara Heritage Resort near Sam Sand Dunes which to our misfortune was knocked out due to bad whether and heavy rains for over 3 continuous days and we had to stay in Dhola Maru as it was the last minute arrangement and no other hotel had rooms available. Finally we moved into the hotel and got the rooms. Experience of the stay is:
1. The first thing we checked was the swimming pool which was nice and gave us a little mental comfort of having come to a decent hotel.
2. Surprise Surprise !!! The comfort was blown away as we checked in to our rooms as the WCs were pathetic and towels in the bathrooms were pale, Buckets were broken and shower was non functional.
3. The worst part was the night as that itself gave us nightmares. There was no electricity in the hotel the whole night and the DGs wouldn't switch on as the hotel had no diesel to put the generators on.
4. Next Morning we thought of spending some time in the swimming pool and relax our bodies a little but thanks to the staff who told us upon inquired that they only change the pool water once a month and there went our swimming pool plan down their pool drain.
5. Time to have some breakfast and as per our room plan we could have buffet laid in the restaurant. Cold Parathas and Frozen Bread with some ill cooked omelets. Yakkkkk !!!!
6. Only good thing which may be has this hotel kept in business so far and make the guests stay on even after the 1st horrible day is the Staff here which is very helpful, specially Devender Singh and his brother who offer absolutely personalized service with a warm smile on their overworked and tired faces.
Though I have 28 more hours to share but don't want to share more as I don't absolutely want to recall the whole and most horrible stay I had during my vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank AjayBehl
We are extremely sorry to know your painful experience. However from 1st Oct, 2011 this hotel has undertaken by s and we promised in every aspect to give the highest quality of services.

Travelers are raving about these Jaisalmer hotels

Delhi, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed in the month of july'11 with my family & 02 kids. I found the hospitality of this hotel according to the rural area is upto it's best level with co-operative staff & management. The food was very palatable & the unique rajasthani dishes. I enjoyed a lot in their swimming pool with my kids.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shrawan_Swami
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

Terrible.. dirty!!!! I had to clean the wc BY MYSELF because it was dirty, "yellow" towels, no paper .. I had to stay 3 nights and I couldn't run away otherwise I did. The "restaurant" is HORRIBLE! everything dirty and unpleasant, excepted for that poor people (waiters) that works there and that try to do their best.. Definitely NOT suggested!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MusicallyMe
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I got an opportunity to stay at this place.
My dad booked rooms in this hotel.
I stayed for one night and two days with family.
The rooms were pretty small.
Restrooms were very small.
TV did not work.
Even after complaining, the status was the same.
Room service was very bad and slow.
Not even water was kept in the rooms.
I did not have the opportunity to use the swimming pool or garden.

May be all my CONS would be lesser during the Peak season.

All I felt is that is not worth its money.
And they should not call them a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

Dec-2009: We had reached the hotel on a chilly winter evening. It was Christmas eve and there was a celebration in the lawn outside. A screen was put up in the open air to enjoy the show while we ate. The food was palatable. It seemed to be a popular place for the locals since the restaurant was thronged by a lot of local families. Probably the attraction was the open air seating.

The rooms were comfortable. There was a niche in the wall with seating arrangement which added to the ethnic ambience. The services though could have been better. We had to place numerous calls to room service to get things in order.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends