“Really enjoyed.”

Hotel Jaisalmer Palace
Ranked #49 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel is newly constructed and looks fabulous. Room are very good and spacious with kingly furniture with amenities.The baths rooms are gorgeous. The advantage of this hotel is its location with good view of the nearby Jaisalmer fort and walking of 5 minutes to the lake.. The roof-top restaurant is excellent for enjoying your food or for relaxing in the evening with the glamorous fort at the back drop.They arrange for sand -dune safari which is must while you visit Jaisalmer..The Manager, Proprietor and all the staffs are really co-operative and guide you always properly to enjoy the city with all information on the trip to places of interest in and around Jaisalmer. Will stay there soon again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
JaisalmerP, Manager at Hotel Jaisalmer Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Jaisalmer Palace,Jaisalmer and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and that you were happy with our service and facilities. Your feedback is very encouraging and will motivate us to strive harder towards excellence.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Jaisalmer Palace We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Jaisalmer Palace

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent view of the fort from the rooftop hotel, food is good, staff is very courteous with good hospitality overall. New appearance & lobby is impressive for this category hotel.

Cons: Hotwater supply is poor, they need to improve on this. Though the staff was willing to help whenever requested, it is an inconvenience to the guest specially with kids, during cold season.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
JaisalmerP, Manager at Hotel Jaisalmer Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel jaisalmer palace is very nice palace to stay in jaisalmer.very good and gentle staff. awosome food by pream very beautiful view from of roof. comfortable and beautiful ac maharani dinnig room.comfortable ac guest rooms. good ideas given by mr. Devendra Singh to vist city. Everything best about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank hariom011

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nice hotel in the Haveli style . On the roof comfortable sitting areas, great panoramic view of Sonar and Jaisalmer City. Very good food, recommended and incredibly nice owner. Is it like one days stay longer than planned to get from traveling in India to recover. Hotel also offers Desert Camps, with which you can explore the area.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe Room No. 207
1  Thank LJ021998

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I visited Jaisalmer and found this hotel's management to be very kind, helpful, responsive to requests, and very interested in making my stay as nice as possible. I was on a motorcycle safari myself, and parked my Royal Enfield 500 cc cycle in front of the hotel, and there it stayed safe and sound for the three days I was at the village. The village is very safe and I didnt think there was a worry at all. Jaisalmer palace staff made sure the bike was well looked after. If there is any reason to stay at Jaisalmer Palace, one would be to meet the owner Mr. Singh. He is a man in his 40's who grew up in a village in the desert, and was a forerunner in building the tent and desert safari industry. We had the opportunity to walk around town with him, and it seemed he is a star as so many friends came up to speak with him and greet him. He can arrange a camel safari for you at the nearby town of SAM. My friend and I struck up quite a good friendship with Mr. Singh, so he was kind enough to personally show us some places. He is busy, so I was happy he made time. He brought my friend out riding and told the camel guide to leave them be, and off into the desert sand Mr Singh and my friend trotted. I suppose she will write her own review, so I will let her explain the time personally; but, what I can attest to is her complete enthusiasm for the generosity and gentlemanliness Mr Singh showed her. I would agree, he showed me the same kindness as I mentioned. The hotel is easy to find at night, which in the village around the fort, all the buildings look similar, but the Jalsaimer Palace has tasteful white christmas lights which highlight the beautiful gold sandstone facade. The hotel has a nice rooftop which does provide a great view of the fort. His cook makes meals from scratch, and allowed me to watch to learn a little mutton tikka masala cooking skills. It was really tasty. Mr Singh said he is in the process of making the rooftop enclosed room into a movie room where he will show movies nightly for free, but he still was in the process of getting the hotel to his preferred state. As I said, the hotel is new and has been open about 3 months. There is value for money at this hotel. The water was hot, he provided a night heater if the temperature was cold (I was there in January), and he gave good suggestions and advice, to which I didnt think had any personal stake in his suggestion. Endemic in India is a commission mentality, but I really believe Mr. Singh didn't give a hoot about commissions, and I think he was keenly interested in me getting a good experience during my visit to Jaisalmer.

I am going to give it 3 to 4 stars because I dont believe in star grade inflation. For 5 stars you can stay at Surygardh Palace 20 km outside of town at a minimum rate of 10000 Rups (160 USD). Jaisalmer Palace you will pay less than 2500. The location is great, the beds are comfortable, the water hot, heaters available on request, food good, nice relaxing roof to chill out on, nightly movies to come, safe place to put your car or motorcycle, all this is what I wanted.

I give it three stars on cleanliness as no place (not even the expensive places) in Jaisalmer should be 4 or 5 stars ... dust is endemic as you are in a desert. Location is 4 stars as it is not in the fort, but I didnt want to be in the fort because the touting and noise and aggressive people there I found tiresome. The rooms get three stars as when I was there Mr Singh was just getting the special aspects of what make a room perfect into place. But the rooms were very large, bed was comfortable, and I am sure the place will be further improved shortly. But value for money is what I wanted, and I wanted nice people around me. This I got at Jaisalmer Palance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Sir,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is very nice, clean, the location is great, staff very helpful, offering tours in the desert. In short, a really good choice. Nice Fort View from roof top and good choice of cuisine.
The owner is a nice person and provide best to the tourists.

1  Thank SuryaAjmer

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had my family and I for 3 days at this excellent hotel. Very efficient staff. Manager treated us in a very professional manner. It is a small but charming hotel, amazing views from the restaurant. Clean and well maintained. Do not forget to ask special jaisalmer dish (Dining).

1  Thank PriyaRathore