“The best place to stay at Jaisalmer”
Review of Jasmin Home

and 1 more site!
Jasmin Home
Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This place not only offers great ambience convenience n service but also serves amazing food. Jitu goes beyond his call of duty to make sure you enjoy your trip. His knowledge of local conditions helps you get the best desert safari, most suited travel vehicle n amazing sweets from the most authentic shops. I would recommend Jasmine to any visitor traveling to Jaisalmer

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Mahesh D

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me. The hotel is beautiful and very clean and has an amazing home feeling. All staff were very helpful and friendly, amazing food I would recommend it to anyone. It was the best hotel in India and during our stay we visited around 10 of them. The owner was very helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Monika G
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed two nights with a family of five in this wonderful hotel. We were really spoiled, the food was outstanding, the beds were great and the activities of visiting Jaisalmer and especially the camel ride were experiences we will never forget!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Koen B
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me.
I got taken here by rickshaw only a few minutes from the bus stand, as soon as I arrived I got a welcome drink and felt at home, its hard not to. As a graphic designer i was interested in the design of the building so it was even better to know the owner was the one who designed it himself. Everything has been thought of with a spacious lobby complimenting the surprisingly big rooms. It only has a few rooms so it gives the feel of a warm and cosy homestay as to a hotel which I guess it really is. Cosy bed with a bathroom and shower I would be proud to have myself. Restaurant upstairs was clean as was the full hotel, and I got shown for a few minutes how my dinner was prepared (I had dal fry).
I can see this place gaining a good reputation locally, it offers something different with their safaris, massages and cooking lessons all available. Fantastic value for what you get and a caring host.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Esytgr
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Mr. Jitu has appropriately named it Jasmin 'Home' as he indeed gave us a homely feeling. With his friendly flexible approach, he helped us manage our trip very well.
The rooms were very decent, clean, with stylish yet minimal interiors (with local flavour) and as per the commitment. Before booking, he had clearly informed us about the room size & it was exactly so.
They have a pure veg kitchen (Except that they make egg omlets in morning) , which we visited and confirmed that they had separate set of vessels to cook egg items. Being Jain, we have relatively restricted items to eat but the arrangements for food were very satisfying. They would discuss our desired food & prepare accordingly. Quality & taste of the food as well was upto the mark.
We are glad we booked this 'Home'

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ShreyasShah2014
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because it is not inside the Fort walls. Otherwise it would just be too noisy!!

The owner Jitu gave me and my friend the suite room which was huge (I nominated the 4 poster bed), free wifi, a big tv, A/C and Im glad to say it all worked very well. Original and local decor inside mixed with modern mod cons. Breakfast was included but we had lunch also, impressive menu and cooking from the chef. For Indian standards and only going by other hotels Ive stayed in this was really clean.

Jitu organized for us to see the Fort, lake and havelis for a good price. We didnt have time for a safari which was unfortunate. His family were friendly and so were all the staff making sure we were comfortable and gave us an interesting insight into living in the desert from his background of many years in camel safaris.

Thanks to all the staff and Jitu`s family, I can only recommend to anyone visiting Jaisalmer to check this out...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank stuartfoot
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Jitu's haveli. It has all the comfort of a hotel : soft mattress, nice bathroom, good AC. Since it's newly built, everything is very clean and modern, with a local touch in terms of decoration. We had good breakfasts on the terrasse, fun cooking class with the chef, and were lucky enough to go to a very nice masala chai local shop with Jitendra. Jitendra recommends us a good schedule to visit Jaisalmer. While his haveli is outside the city center (but only 3 minutes tuktuk), we enjoyed being there because we could see the real life of Jaisalmer (market on the way, school just besides). Personally, I wouldn't stay inside the fort walls. If passing by Jaisalmer, Jasmin Home is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple